BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 86 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent I am Mad that my kid plays Lax for this horrible team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent I am Mad that my kid plays Lax for this horrible team

Ok and I will say it again where is this magical so much better of a option for NOVA 2020 kids to play for. Name the team and club by name. And I will show or tell you how this other team is a lesser option or a equal option. Unless for the 100000 time kids and their parents work it out and move all to one team. And like I have said before VLC or Black wolf could be this option. If and a big IF all the top kids all go there. If not it will be the same. My opinion is Madlax 2020 is still the best of the three options. And yes this option still is getting there [lacrosse] kicked by the elite teams. But so are VLC,and Blackwolf does not have a team playing 2020 this spring. So when you say Madlax 2020 sucks feel free but also name a team that is a better option. And please try to prove to me that the complete 2020 class in NOVA is not down. Because it is or the top talent is playing in MD and I am unaware.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Loonies just played Madlax in college park. madlax has some work to do.
Very nice parents.

I heard from a friend that Looney's won 16-2 so I would think Madlax has some work to do or they didn't bring their strongest 2020 team.

Madlax 2020 is fully aware they have work to do. So unless some top talent shows up at summer tryouts. They are working hard to make these players better. And even with this team losing more then any Madlax person would like, those boys will still be playing in the best 4 Summer tournaments around.

They will play in them, and they will (continue to) get wrecked at them. They are a B team at best - accept it for what it is and work through it...

That is what I said they are doing. And Madlax has summer tryouts for every team always have. So the Madlax world is asking and hoping for 2020 talent to come play with us this summer. And the selling point is and should always be, you will not be playing at Joke money only grab tournaments. There will be college scouts there and they will see your 2020 son play. And yes they might lose by 10 goals but the college scout does not care about the score of the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very pleased with VLC 2020 this Spring.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok VLC is playing the AA bracket in HOCO correct. What is there record? Would you call them elite? Is this VLC 2020 team better or as good or worse then the Madlax 2020 team? Now please name the 4 summer tournaments this VLC team will play in this summer. I am guessing they will stack up to as even or a little below when we write it all down. So for either of these teams to win more then they lose this summer the best 5 players from one of them needs to switch teams. And sense VLC only has the one tryout the only option is for kid to move to Madlax for the summer. Or everyone stays put and this is fine but we will both have long summers when it coming to winning ball games. Also has anyone got an answer on if Blackwolf will have a 2020 team this summer. If so this could be a option for NOVA to have an Elite 2020 this summer?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok VLC is playing the AA bracket in HOCO correct. What is there record? Would you call them elite? Is this VLC 2020 team better or as good or worse then the Madlax 2020 team? Now please name the 4 summer tournaments this VLC team will play in this summer. I am guessing they will stack up to as even or a little below when we write it all down. So for either of these teams to win more then they lose this summer the best 5 players from one of them needs to switch teams. And sense VLC only has the one tryout the only option is for kid to move to Madlax for the summer. Or everyone stays put and this is fine but we will both have long summers when it coming to winning ball games. Also has anyone got an answer on if Blackwolf will have a 2020 team this summer. If so this could be a option for NOVA to have an Elite 2020 this summer?

Madlax 2020 summer schedule Feel free to stack it up to VLC and the 3 tournaments they are playing in
Adrenaline Platinum Cup
June 18-19, 2016 Big 4 HHH
June 25-26, 2016 The Crab Feast
July 11-13, 2016 Naptown National Challenge
July 23-24, 2016 UMD Terps Young Guns Showcase

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a competition, just stating pleased with VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am glad you are happy with VLC, I was more pointing to the guys bashing Madlax as a bad club and team. I just wanted to point out that Madlax as a club knows this team is lacking 24 elite players. And this is still the best place for the elite players not on Madlax now. The owner stuff if so over blown its nuts. I like to see parents put there kids in the best place to shine and be seen. Madlax is the still the best option. VLC is the second best option for sure. I just hate to see the elite players on those other 4 or 5 NOVA clubs missing the chance to play on the same field as the best in there class nation wide.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2020 summer schedule Feel free to stack it up to VLC and the 3 tournaments they are playing in
Adrenaline Platinum Cup
June 18-19, 2016 Big 4 HHH
June 25-26, 2016 The Crab Feast
July 11-13, 2016 Naptown National Challenge
July 23-24, 2016 UMD Terps Young Guns Showcase

VLC 2020's schedule and record are posted on their website.
6/18 Summer Exposure
6/25 Crab Feast
7/16 NLF Summer Championship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am glad you are happy with VLC, I was more pointing to the guys bashing Madlax as a bad club and team. I just wanted to point out that Madlax as a club knows this team is lacking 24 elite players. And this is still the best place for the elite players not on Madlax now. The owner stuff if so over blown its nuts. I like to see parents put there kids in the best place to shine and be seen. Madlax is the still the best option. VLC is the second best option for sure. I just hate to see the elite players on those other 4 or 5 NOVA clubs missing the chance to play on the same field as the best in there class nation wide.

I think many would argue that the owner stuff is not overblown at all. It's reason enough for me to keep the organization at an arm's length.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think many would argue that the owner stuff is not overblown at all. It's reason enough for me to keep the organization at an arm's length.

And you my friend are one delusional about how great these other owners are. All these guys are crazy in their own way. I will argue that all the other guys involved with Madlax are the best group in Va. 99% of all the people talking bad about Madlax and the owner are parents of kids cut or who lost playing time to a better player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you my friend are one delusional about how great these other owners are. All these guys are crazy in their own way. I will argue that all the other guys involved with Madlax are the best group in Va. 99% of all the people talking bad about Madlax and the owner are parents of kids cut or who lost playing time to a better player.

Who gets cut from Madlax these days? Certainly not any 2020 or 2021 kids. Maybe Madlax is cutting the good kids and that's why their teams are struggling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. As a VLC parent, here is my take ...

Maddux runs a BUSINESS, and any parent looking at Madlax needs to understand he will put the BUSINESS ahead of anything else. Case in point - HoCo. He knows, his assistants know, every coach in HoCo or any parent who has actually played high level lacrosse knows 2020 is simply not Elite level talent. That isn't to say they can't get there; but right now they are AA talent. Period. End of story.

Given that Maddux runs his clubs as a business; he's worry about brand perception. So his choice was to not play HoCo for the simple fact that they would not get grouped in the Elite bracket. There was no consideration for the kids, parents or anything else. It was a business decision. You can spin it with play dates vs. competition, etc. etc. -- but don't lose sight that what drove that decision was in the best interest of Madlax, and nobody else.

Contrast that to VLC. VLC is a non profit organization, only carries one team per age group. The 2020 boys play in the AA division, where they should rightfully be playing. There is no pretense of we should be Elite, etc. etc. - the coaches know it, the players know it and the parents know it. They laid out a plan for growth ... the team is fairly new, limited practices/reps and new coach. The plan then would be to gel as a team, learn the new system of the new coach and get in as much quality competition/practice as possible. This not only includes playing HoCo AA, but increased practice time and outside scrimmages as well (example, this past weekend was vs. Leading Edge and Crabs). This is about the KIDS getting better as a TEAM and learning to play lacrosse. This all builds up to summer, where the team hopes to be playing at an "Elite" caliber level.

My opinion is Madlax did a disservice to the parents and kids on their 2020 team. If they follow the model of we only play "Elite" level competition cause we are too, parents/kids will be in for long days and a miserable summer (e.g. Looney's play day this past weekend - what did the kids learn from that?). Take those miserable moments and add in costs, and the calculus is fairly simple. Parents will get frustrated and kids will look for greener pastures. I know VLC lost some kids to Madlax this spring; won't be surprised at all if those kids try and come back. I have no doubt VLC tryouts this Fall will probably bring in even more kids this year; as eyes have been opened for the local NoVA clubs since everyone is playing in HoCo save Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who gets cut from Madlax these days? Certainly not any 2020 or 2021 kids. Maybe Madlax is cutting the good kids and that's why their teams are struggling.
LMAO!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maddux runs a BUSINESS, and any parent looking at Madlax needs to understand he will put the BUSINESS ahead of anything else. Case in point - HoCo. He knows, his assistants know, every coach in HoCo or any parent who has actually played high level lacrosse knows 2020 is simply not Elite level talent. That isn't to say they can't get there; but right now they are AA talent. Period. End of story.

Given that Maddux runs his clubs as a business; he's worry about brand perception. So his choice was to not play HoCo for the simple fact that they would not get grouped in the Elite bracket. There was no consideration for the kids, parents or anything else. It was a business decision. You can spin it with play dates vs. competition, etc. etc. -- but don't lose sight that what drove that decision was in the best interest of Madlax, and nobody else.

Contrast that to VLC. VLC is a non profit organization, only carries one team per age group. The 2020 boys play in the AA division, where they should rightfully be playing. There is no pretense of we should be Elite, etc. etc. - the coaches know it, the players know it and the parents know it. They laid out a plan for growth ... the team is fairly new, limited practices/reps and new coach. The plan then would be to gel as a team, learn the new system of the new coach and get in as much quality competition/practice as possible. This not only includes playing HoCo AA, but increased practice time and outside scrimmages as well (example, this past weekend was vs. Leading Edge and Crabs). This is about the KIDS getting better as a TEAM and learning to play lacrosse. This all builds up to summer, where the team hopes to be playing at an "Elite" caliber level.

My opinion is Madlax did a disservice to the parents and kids on their 2020 team. If they follow the model of we only play "Elite" level competition cause we are too, parents/kids will be in for long days and a miserable summer (e.g. Looney's play day this past weekend - what did the kids learn from that?). Take those miserable moments and add in costs, and the calculus is fairly simple. Parents will get frustrated and kids will look for greener pastures. I know VLC lost some kids to Madlax this spring; won't be surprised at all if those kids try and come back. I have no doubt VLC tryouts this Fall will probably bring in even more kids this year; as eyes have been opened for the local NoVA clubs since everyone is playing in HoCo save Madlax.

I can not argue with any part of this post. You are 100% correct with what you say. I am not happy with what the owner did with 2020. As I stated 100 times the talent is not there or to spread out. And I do not think Madlax was prepared to have the top team not get the top talent or for the top talent to not be available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy cracks me up but all and I mean all NOVA teams at 2020 are the same or worse then these Madlax 2020,2021 teams. Please try and name one who is better from NOVA. You can not do it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can not argue with any part of this post. You are 100% correct with what you say. I am not happy with what the owner did with 2020. As I stated 100 times the talent is not there or to spread out. And I do not think Madlax was prepared to have the top team not get the top talent or for the top talent to not be available.

However, Madlax was willing to play in the Elite division even if that meant getting pummeled on a few occasions. So not sure the brand protection argument is too valid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then why is 2020 not playing in the HOCO league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ah, yes. The old "yeah, but everyone does it, too" argument. Or non-argument.

1. NOBODY is crazier or more loathed than the Madlax guy

2. The Deadspin article is not some isolated case. I can think of at least 8 other people who've gotten the same treatment. I know because I've seen the texts and emails.

3. How do you know the Madlax coaches are the best in the area? Do you know every single coach for Madlax and comparable club?

4. No, 99% of people who call out Madlax are not people whose kids got cut or are dissatisfied with playing time (though I'm sure some of them are). Most people who opt to play for someone other than Madlax are parents who would not let their son play for that guy for any reason. The reasons why have been spelled out many times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This guy cracks me up but all and I mean all NOVA teams at 2020 are the same or worse then these Madlax 2020,2021 teams. Please try and name one who is better from NOVA. You can not do it.

The VLC 2020 team is better than their Madlax counterparts. I heard that Madlax beat them last month by a goal, but I see on tourney machine that it was Madlax's first game of the day and VLC had just finished a game.

My son is a 6th grader, but we know many families on both teams. The VLC team has the better roster.

The Next Level 2020 is also better and some of those kids are from VA (just as some of the Madlax kids are from DC and MD).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wanted to point out that Madlax as a club knows this team is lacking 24 elite players. And this is still the best place for the elite players not on Madlax now. The owner stuff if so over blown its nuts. I like to see parents put there kids in the best place to shine and be seen. Madlax is the still the best option. VLC is the second best option for sure.

You post this every week as if it were a fact.

1. Cost. Madlax is about 1.5x more expensive than the rest

2. Recruiting. BW and VLC are either better or similar in terms of college placement

3. Coaching. No idea who has better coaching and neither do you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 looks to be between divisions (AA & Elite). HoCo would not let them in Elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2020 looks to be between divisions (AA & Elite). HoCo would not let them in Elite.

The Madlax 2020 team that Looneys beat yesterday would not be considered an elite team, so I am told, wasn't at the game.
If they got beat by an elite team 16-2 I believe they would have a difficult time in the AA division. Perhaps A division would be better. Nothing wrong playing there, the kids get a chance to play and hopefully learn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?
Game scores from their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

The only scores I found show them losing to all of the teams in the Elite bracket, that makes them AA at best, not AA+ or Elite-.

They had the opportunity to try out for the Elite bracket, they felt that was beneath them, so they spend their time trolling lacrosse forums instead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.

Madlax 2020 - not in the league

Madlax 2021 - now 0-3. Outscored 34-5

Madlax 2022 - now 1-2. Got their first win beating Storm, who is 0-3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.

Madlax 2020 and 2021 are not good.

Madlax 2022 is a good team. No shame in losing to Hawks and Diamondbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen the Madlax 2022. Not elite by any stretch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.

Let me beat this dead horse again. What NOVA travel team is better? So bash Madlax and any of there teams records all you want. But they are still the best team and program in NOVA. And all any of you do by not playing for Madlax is hurt NOVA lacrosse and make 3 to 5 avg to really weak teams and keep the area from having at least one ELITE team. So yes I agree these two Madlax teams are weak. But all of you can sleep well knowing you are keeping little Johnny safe from the BIG BAD mean owner who yells at kids and hurts there feelings. And you MOM and DAD you are safe from that very scary email calling you a bad name. You all have done you job of making the world a better place. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blackwolf and VLC - there, I did it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC 2020 is better than the Madlax 2020 team, no question. See how easy that is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow.

Let me beat this dead horse again. What NOVA travel team is better? So bash Madlax and any of there teams records all you want. But they are still the best team and program in NOVA. And all any of you do by not playing for Madlax is hurt NOVA lacrosse and make 3 to 5 avg to really weak teams and keep the area from having at least one ELITE team. So yes I agree these two Madlax teams are weak. But all of you can sleep well knowing you are keeping little Johnny safe from the BIG BAD mean owner who yells at kids and hurts there feelings. And you MOM and DAD you are safe from that very scary email calling you a bad name. You all have done you job of making the world a better place. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

The only scores I found show them losing to all of the teams in the Elite bracket, that makes them AA at best, not AA+ or Elite-.

They had the opportunity to try out for the Elite bracket, they felt that was beneath them, so they spend their time trolling lacrosse forums instead.

They do look to be between division, but probably A and AA. If they were in Elite, they would be getting destroyed like NL and the others who do not belong there either...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

... and the others who do not belong there either...

Ha, nice try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

I see what you did there - stopped cross-referencing after the Elite division. When you look at results against AA teams they win. Maybe they should play more of both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what?

I see what you did there - stopped cross-referencing after the Elite division. When you look at results against AA teams they win. Maybe they should play more of both.

Which AA teams have they played? I have not seen any results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Blackwolf have a 2020 team? And the VLC team lost to this Madlax team. Is this correct please let me know where I am wrong. And I have also said many times there should be enough talent in NOVA to field 3 really good or elite teams. But not 4 or more. And we all can agree with this point or at least i think we can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Blackwolf have a 2020 team? And the VLC team lost to this Madlax team. Is this correct please let me know where I am wrong. And I have also said many times there should be enough talent in NOVA to field 3 really good or elite teams. But not 4 or more. And we all can agree with this point or at least i think we can.

Blackwolf does not have a 2020 team. Rumors of Trig selling to 3D, but who knows where that goes ...

VLC did lose to Capital 2020, by one goal. If I recall, VLC also kept it close against Next Level where Capital lost by a healthy margin. In other words, any given day these teams could play and beat each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC 2020 lost to Madlax, but give it some context. That was the first game of the day for Madlax whereas VLC had 30 minutes of rest after having finished a game.

Madlax has a much worse roster. Everyone knows that.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 86 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard