BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 42 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 41 42
Re: Girls 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heros should be #2

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who cares

So says the TG parent. Then why keep score if no one cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of morons care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd say the best 2020s we've seen so far have been

YJ
M&D
Heros
Stars
Integrity
Steps out of NJ

Steps? Stop, YJ B team beats them

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
M&D
Heros
Stars
Integrity
Steps out of NJ

Steps has two equal teams through 7th grade. This coming season is the first one that Steps goes A/B for girls 2020. Steps A would beat YJ B this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Steps and YJ b team play each other this summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Plenty of morons care

Then you and your wife must really care . I am sure when you are playing YJ you would not care if you win the game. Its about competition and yes winning and losing is part of that. You are obviously of the opinion everyone gets a trophy , welcome to the welfare state . That must be the TG new motto, "no one cares who wins so why try "

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
M&D
Heros
Stars
Integrity
Steps out of NJ

Steps has two equal teams through 7th grade. This coming season is the first one that Steps goes A/B for girls 2020. Steps A would beat YJ B this year.

A/B - That's what every club tries to tell people, time will tell, but I doubt they can compete with the top teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
M&D
Heros
Stars
Integrity
Steps out of NJ

A/B - That's what every club tries to tell people, time will tell, but I doubt they can compete with the top teams

It's 100% accurate to say that Steps has two even teams through 7th grade, and go A/B in 8th grade. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong. I can't guarantee that Steps A 2020 beats YJ B, but Steps should win. Once in a while, a Steps A team beats a YJ A team. Not often but it has happened. (I don't think it happen at 2020.) Take a look at the Step commitments on the website. Very impressive.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ
M&D
Heros
Stars
Integrity
Steps out of NJ
The comment on STEPS (stop YJ B team beats them) is so arrogant. STEPS team where there are A teams (8th grade and above) have beat the top YJ several times, including this summer. Yes top teams win more than they lose vs. STEPS top teams for sure, but STEPS team have beaten them and did this summer in a few age groups. Also, college coaches must not think of STEPS in the way you do, look at the commitment page for 2015s/2016s/2017s/2018s/2019s and you will quickly see otherwise.

It's 100% accurate to say that Steps has two even teams through 7th grade, and go A/B in 8th grade. Anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong. I can't guarantee that Steps A 2020 beats YJ B, but Steps should win. Once in a while, a Steps A team beats a YJ A team. Not often but it has happened. (I don't think it happen at 2020.) Take a look at the Step commitments on the website. Very impressive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TG Black 2020s lost to Integrity 2020 at two summer tournaments (the Grind and LI 3 Classic) and a fall tournament. Not sure how YJ or Leg did against MD teams?

TG is an after thought at this point, there's pretty much nothing left there, they won't beat any MD team worth mentioning and would probably have all they can handle with Elevate this year

Elevates 2020 team? They are not very good and most of all that team really lacks coaching. If that team had some coaching they would be able to compete with some of the better clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How great would it be if there was a summer tournament on Long Island where all of the travel 2020's could play against each other?...A division, B division....I get why the directors don't want to do it, but it is something whose time has come...
No hotels needed...bragging rights at stake....win/win...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify, I meant the Long Island Travel programs....TG, Elevate, YJ, Liberty, Wave, Express, Legacy, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To clarify, I meant the Long Island Travel programs....TG, Elevate, YJ, Liberty, Wave, Express, Legacy, etc.

Maybe the Mods want to work on that with club directors and have the proceeds go to charity or some other worthy cause to help the sport? I'm sure with the connections like Hofstra/SB they could get field space donated as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would not be a very competitive tournament unless your goal is to take second place. The gap between 1 and the rest is pretty big.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Maybe the Mods want to work on that with club directors and have the proceeds go to charity or some other worthy cause to help the sport? I'm sure with the connections like Hofstra/SB they could get field space donated as well.

If you have an interest in discussing this with the BOTC "connections", you know how to reach me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

If you have an interest in discussing this with the BOTC "connections", you know how to reach me.

Would be way out of my league but I was just impressed how this community came together yesterday from your post and raised a significant amount of money in a very short amount of time for a mother in need.

Probably dreaming, I'll go back to my regular job now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The business is too big and everyone is protecting their brand. It would be a great idea but no way anyone goes for it plus the YJ's run all those bogus tournaments where the directors double dip and force their teams to play each other already. They are not giving up any proceeds to anyone!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I get the wishful thinking part, believe me....and they idea that a program that gets crushed during such a tournament would be the real loser because kids would want to run for the door...but the idea of a charity tourn and bragging rights would be great selling point...and if teams were so confident in what they have, they would have no problem getting on board...I am sure YJ plays in plenty of tournaments where they play infinitely weaker comp. already so the idea that they could crush fellow LI programs would be the incentive to join in..
Anyway, Happy Easter those that observe...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That team has a great coach and everyone on the team is happy. Stop trying to cause problems when there are none.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that directed at me, tough guy?
not trying to create problems..you taking this wrong way..was responding to another poster who said it would not be a very competitive tournament for YJ..that's all....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that directed at me, tough guy?
not trying to create problems..you taking this wrong way..was responding to another poster who said it would not be a very competitive tournament for YJ..that's all....

I believe that person was responding to the comment about TE 2020 not having a good coach. At least that is how I took it. I am from TE and I wish my daughter had their coach full time, I don't know why any would say that other than just trying to stir things up because they are bored.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My bad....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently another 2020 committed this week - looks like this one actually plays for YJ.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently another 2020 committed this week - looks like this one actually plays for YJ.

had to get it done, with new age rules for next year won't be playing with 2020 group anymore - others have already committed, but haven't spread the news

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It doesn't matter, she is a very good player as a 19 or 20

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ya think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

had to get it done, with new age rules for next year won't be playing with 2020 group anymore - others have already committed, but haven't spread the news
And the potential that the NCAA will finally move on the IWCLA's recommendations to move verbal commitments to the first day of junior year earliest. If this gets passed, 2019s will be the last class of "early commits". Seems to be creating a rush to commit among 2019s (as the timeline has moved up even more vs. 2018s recruiting cycle) and even some 2020s (who will be 2019s when age-based rules get passed). The whole thing needs to be fixed and hopefully the NCAA will pass the proposal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The NCAA can't change the recruiting rules quick enough. Another 8th grader going to a great school without taking a HS class yet and where the average kid needs a 1400 SAT to get in. Great school, broken system

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh geez. yet another older girl for grade. Can't wait for the new rules to take effect. 6-10th grade for girls there is a huge difference from one year to the next. I'm sure this young-ish lady will be good wherever she plays. But don't kid yourself, she will not stand out quite as much against girls her own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question. So say this 2020 is on the older side for the new cutoff, she will no longer appear on a 2020 roster, but now a 2019 roster? And obviously same for other older girls in other years? Is this for this coming summer or next?
Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question. So say this 2020 is on the older side for the new cutoff, she will no longer appear on a 2020 roster, but now a 2019 roster? And obviously same for other older girls in other years? Is this for this coming summer or next?
Thank you.

That 2020 girl played up her entire travel career until she moved from TG to YJ. As they get into recruiting age, they have to play with their grade. She was one of the better players on the field no matter who she played with whether it's travel or high school. BC is lucky to have her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

That 2020 girl played up her entire travel career until she moved from TG to YJ. As they get into recruiting age, they have to play with their grade. She was one of the better players on the field no matter who she played with whether it's travel or high school. BC is lucky to have her.

So another early recruit who was actually on another club (top guns) the YJ's poach or recruit the player and then take credit for the verbal. Got to love the YJ's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

So she wasn't playing up, she was playing w her appropriate age until now, when she is playing down. I know she is excellent and this has nothing to do with her per se, but lets get the facts and nomenclature straight. She is now playing down against younger kids. When she was playing at her own age, she did quite well and therefore shows she is a very good player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh geez. yet another older girl for grade. Can't wait for the new rules to take effect. 6-10th grade for girls there is a huge difference from one year to the next. I'm sure this young-ish lady will be good wherever she plays. But don't kid yourself, she will not stand out quite as much against girls her own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

So she wasn't playing up, she was playing w her appropriate age until now, when she is playing down. I know she is excellent and this has nothing to do with her per se, but lets get the facts and nomenclature straight. She is now playing down against younger kids. When she was playing at her own age, she did quite well and therefore shows she is a very good player.

She played several years with 2018 TG. Played with kids a couple years older and stood out. She was one of the best players by far. She is flat out good and it is certainly not because she is now playing at her graduation class. And as far as YJ poaching, TG have lost their very best players at nearly every young age group the last couple years, the parents and kids are walking away, not being poached.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

She played several years with 2018 TG. Played with kids a couple years older and stood out. She was one of the best players by far. She is flat out good and it is certainly not because she is now playing at her graduation class. And as far as YJ poaching, TG have lost their very best players at nearly every young age group the last couple years, the parents and kids are walking away, not being poached.

Who really cares??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CR's press release is like she had her since birth. So she played someplace else learning her skills and just came to the YJ's for the college connections?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

2018 for one year and wasn't a dominant player, but thanks for you missive mom/dad

Page 24 of 42 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard