BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 70 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 69 70
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow, "the parents are to blame". Think about that statement.

The parents just do what a club owner suggests regardless of whether the parents think it is ethical or in the best interest of their son.

Talk about the abdication of responsibility.

the parents I knew moved on, but obviously many choose to stay.

The club owner has removed themselves of responsibility to the child, he ( they) are in it for the business of making money and growing their own ego. The blame falls squarely on the parents, who should have the child's best interest, that fall prey to these directors. If you allow another person to influence you to change the course of your child's academic career for the sole reason to play a sport, you are a fool and a poor role model for your child. These kids are not Olympians. They are not going to be given full rides to the best colleges. They are not on a path to make millions in the professionals. They are pawns in a club director's game to make him more money and help sell you a song and a dance that they will go to a better school. If parents spent a fraction on academics that they spend on sports, their kids could get more money for college, still get recruited and go to the best school without parents ever having to uproot their kid from their school, friends and have them repeat a year of their life. The blame is all on the parents that blindly follow a man that makes money off their decision. Support them to be the best they can be academically, athletically and teach them to be ethical and moral human beings, because only those that cannot will manipulate circumstances and find loopholes. Talent and smarts always look for the challenge, always to play up, to take harder courses, it's never the other way around and it will all come around full circle in the end.

Academics are boring. It's much more fun to root for your kids playing sports.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard Madlax 2020 is dropping out of HoCo altogether to do other things....anyone confirm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 91 Platinum dropped out of today's "playin" for 2020 elite. Can anyone confirm?
We x

Heard same, ironic since they made a huge fuss about being left out in the first place.

Not true.

So they're playing?

Yes, they went undefeated, and then beat the 2022 Crabs who were the same age as 91 Platinum

They dropped out-did not play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard 91 Platinum dropped out of today's "playin" for 2020 elite. Can anyone confirm?
We x

Heard same, ironic since they made a huge fuss about being left out in the first place.

Not true.

So they're playing?

Yes, they went undefeated, and then beat the 2022 Crabs who were the same age as 91 Platinum

They dropped out-did not play.

So who did? Anybody know the result?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard Madlax 2020 is dropping out of HoCo altogether to do other things....anyone confirm?

Probably playing in the MadLax league, consisting of...

MadLax MD
MadLax DC
MadLax VA
MadLax NoVa
MadLax Capital
Madlax Potomac Region
Madlax DMV

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably playing in the MadLax league, consisting of...

MadLax MD
MadLax DC
MadLax VA
MadLax NoVa
MadLax Capital
Madlax Potomac Region
Madlax DMV

Don't forget that they would make the following pay the airfare to play

Madlax Texas
Madlax Canada
Cannons
Madlax Michigan
Madlax Oregon

Thanks for that awesome Academy fee!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hello

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know how green turtle 2021 is looking this year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know how green turtle 2021 is looking this year

They look a year younger than the 2020's

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the play in go?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Madlax 2020 dropped out. Friends with some of the Madlax parents, who at this point are very frustrated because there has been no communication on the matter. Simply told they dropped out, have no idea where they are going to play now. Rumor was there was going to be many play dates/scrimmages with various teams leading up to summer.

That in itself isn't terrible, I think many of the parents are more pissed off at the lack of transparency and communication - which was basically zero.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, Madlax 2020 dropped out. Friends with some of the Madlax parents, who at this point are very frustrated because there has been no communication on the matter. Simply told they dropped out, have no idea where they are going to play now. Rumor was there was going to be many play dates/scrimmages with various teams leading up to summer.

That in itself isn't terrible, I think many of the parents are more pissed off at the lack of transparency and communication - which was basically zero.

So what NoVa teams are in HOCO? And what level? What about the rest of Madlax teams are they still in?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe they can still sign up for rec

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has not been confirmed. Apparently, there are further discussions with HoCo league in the next day or so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't believe any parents are pissed off. If they go without a league (only 7 games BTW), weekend round robins or mini tournaments with a little travel can easily fill the void.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most do still play rec with their local buddies in the NVYLL league. Very fun and kids stay together from U9 modified field thru U15.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will believe it when I see it. I am the biggest Madlax homer on this site. And if they drop this ball I will not be able to defend this. They better have a really good spring play day/ tournament schedule to make up for not playing HOCO this spring. I know they have not posted the complete spring rosters because they had tryouts this weekend. I can wait to see our crazy owner spin this one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what NoVa teams are in HOCO? And what level? What about the rest of Madlax teams are they still in?

VLC 2020 will be in AA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will believe it when I see it. I am the biggest Madlax homer on this site. And if they drop this ball I will not be able to defend this. They better have a really good spring play day/ tournament schedule to make up for not playing HOCO this spring. I know they have not posted the complete spring rosters because they had tryouts this weekend. I can wait to see our crazy owner spin this one.

Let's keep in mind that the HoCo league, under the influence of some Natty Boh, decided that Madlax was not worthy of the Elite division and came up with the idea of a play-in game for a team that does not have a final roster or one spring practice under its belt. HoCo is making the decision for Madlax, not the other way around.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't believe any parents are pissed off. If they go without a league (only 7 games BTW), weekend round robins or mini tournaments with a little travel can easily fill the void.

Can only speak to the parents I've spoken to who have kids on Capital. Pissed off was the exact phrasing used when they found out.

The idea of weekend round robins may sound nice, but who would be playing in them? Rec and HoCo games would occur on Sat/Sun, and the majority of quality teams in this area are in the league to begin with. I don't see the allure of scrimmaging Madlax 2020 in some mini tourney. Also, I don't want to pay out of pocket for some silly mini tourney.

My assumption is that this is driven by Maddux due to ego and business. He doesn't want to dilute the brand and play below Elite. Problem is, everyone knows the current 2020 team isn't at that level right now. Compound this with if he did play Elite, most likely they would be blowout games and would leave parents scratching their heads.

As for business, wouldn't it be great to start his own league and dip a toe in for mini tourneys and play dates during spring? Of course it would.

If this was based solely on what is best for the kids, they would play HoCo at AA and have the team get good reps, develop skills and compete at a commensurate skill level. Obviously, it is bigger then that ...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can only speak to the parents I've spoken to who have kids on Capital. Pissed off was the exact phrasing used when they found out.

The idea of weekend round robins may sound nice, but who would be playing in them? Rec and HoCo games would occur on Sat/Sun, and the majority of quality teams in this area are in the league to begin with. I don't see the allure of scrimmaging Madlax 2020 in some mini tourney. Also, I don't want to pay out of pocket for some silly mini tourney.

My assumption is that this is driven by Maddux due to ego and business. He doesn't want to dilute the brand and play below Elite. Problem is, everyone knows the current 2020 team isn't at that level right now. Compound this with if he did play Elite, most likely they would be blowout games and would leave parents scratching their heads.

As for business, wouldn't it be great to start his own league and dip a toe in for mini tourneys and play dates during spring? Of course it would.

If this was based solely on what is best for the kids, they would play HoCo at AA and have the team get good reps, develop skills and compete at a commensurate skill level. Obviously, it is bigger then that ...

I guess this will all clear its self out in a week or so. Could be really bad for Madlax. So what other NOVA teams are in HOCO besides VLC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word I am hearing is that indeed this is about the quality of the 2020 Capital team and CM not wanting to dilute his brand by having the team not play in the very highest division in the most high profile youth grade. Madlax has distinguished itself from VLC the past couple of years by arguing that VLC plays down a level, and if Madlax did the same they would lose that argument. Very disappointing but do agree that CM has to do what is in the best interest of the kids and families, not necessarily his future marketing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word I am hearing is that indeed this is about the quality of the 2020 Capital team and CM not wanting to dilute his brand by having the team not play in the very highest division in the most high profile youth grade. Madlax has distinguished itself from VLC the past couple of years by arguing that VLC plays down a level, and if Madlax did the same they would lose that argument. Very disappointing but do agree that CM has to do what is in the best interest of the kids and families, not necessarily his future marketing.

I agree they need to play down in AA and win the whole thing. That is all they can do at this point. I think if VLC or another NOVA team where in ELITE he would have a point. But they are not so he should just do AA and try to impress this summer when he plays those ELITE teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I brought my kid to what is supposedly the best club/team i the area and had to play AA not Elite I would be pissed. The don't coddle them in high school and practices and tryouts are ruthless. If you get the S**T knocked out of you, good, learn from it and improve. This age group is the transition to "perform or get cut".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess its good that their 2022 team is like the best in the entire country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I posted on this site on a couple threads about NOVA needs to pick one club to be ELITE. We are not NY/NJ or Baltimore. I blame the Parents of all the 2020 kids and below. Stop putting little star Johnny on these A level clubs. Have your kids try out for VLC and Madlax. Make your kids work for playing time and work to be a star. If you took the best players Cavs, 3D mid.. BattleLax, and the other ones. We would have two ELITE teams playing in this HOCO league. But like always our NOVA attitudes have bitten us in the [lacrosse] again. So I do not blame VLC or Madlax it is the other 5 Nova clubs that have 2 or 3 players that they know are to good to be playing with them but they keep them around and tell them you should play with his friends. Stay local its cheaper. So man up have A level star Johnny try out for VLC and Madlax and help form ELITE teams in NOVA. Maybe in 10 years the skill level and numbers will be at a point you can stay local and we can still have Elite teams but NOVA is not there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does HoCo have playoffs, championship?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree they need to play down in AA and win the whole thing. That is all they can do at this point. I think if VLC or another NOVA team where in ELITE he would have a point. But they are not so he should just do AA and try to impress this summer when he plays those ELITE teams.

This is the tact that VLC is pursuing, and honestly I think it makes the most sense for their 2020 team. New coaching staff, and the kids have barely practiced together. Playing in HoCo AA will get the coach and team on the same page while giving them some good competition and gel as a team. All this is prep for summer tourney season, where playing Crabs, Looney's, Express, etc. etc. will all come to a head and honestly, where it counts for this age bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess its good that their 2022 team is like the best in the entire country.

I am sure they are not, but calling all 2022 kids and Parents tryout for Madlax so NOVA has a chance to be the best in the country. Or everyone talk and have all the best players go to VLC I do not care pick one but NOVA is not there yet talent wise tell the best players to only try out for these two teams. Its not because any other reason than NOVA talent is not good enough yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2022 team is competitive with the top teams in US....very, very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well I posted on this site on a couple threads about NOVA needs to pick one club to be ELITE. We are not NY/NJ or Baltimore. I blame the Parents of all the 2020 kids and below. Stop putting little star Johnny on these A level clubs. Have your kids try out for VLC and Madlax. Make your kids work for playing time and work to be a star. If you took the best players Cavs, 3D mid.. BattleLax, and the other ones. We would have two ELITE teams playing in this HOCO league. But like always our NOVA attitudes have bitten us in the [lacrosse] again. So I do not blame VLC or Madlax it is the other 5 Nova clubs that have 2 or 3 players that they know are to good to be playing with them but they keep them around and tell them you should play with his friends. Stay local its cheaper. So man up have A level star Johnny try out for VLC and Madlax and help form ELITE teams in NOVA. Maybe in 10 years the skill level and numbers will be at a point you can stay local and we can still have Elite teams but NOVA is not there.

Even if they made these teams they would still get beat down by the other HOCO elite teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the tact that VLC is pursuing, and honestly I think it makes the most sense for their 2020 team. New coaching staff, and the kids have barely practiced together. Playing in HoCo AA will get the coach and team on the same page while giving them some good competition and gel as a team. All this is prep for summer tourney season, where playing Crabs, Looney's, Express, etc. etc. will all come to a head and honestly, where it counts for this age bracket.

Earth to Madlax Dad, the Elite teams will crush you in the summer also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

List who have they beat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if they made these teams they would still get beat down by the other HOCO elite
teams

Well that is completely untrue how can you explain mad lax 2019 team. This year Madlax team beat all of the teams in the elite division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No they are really good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even if they made these teams they would still get beat down by the other HOCO elite
teams

Well that is completely untrue how can you explain mad lax 2019 team. This year Madlax team beat all of the teams in the elite division

they were talking about other NOVA players coming to Madlax and VLC 2020 not 2019

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's keep in mind that the HoCo league, under the influence of some Natty Boh, decided that Madlax was not worthy of the Elite division and came up with the idea of a play-in game for a team that does not have a final roster or one spring practice under its belt. HoCo is making the decision for Madlax, not the other way around.

Madlax 2020 has never been elite and has no record for them to be included in the elite division. How can you claim to be an elite team when you don't have your roster yet to know what your team looks like - that is nobody's fault but your clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

List who have they beat?

They lost to 3D. Not even the best team in Nova.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2020 has never been elite and has no record for them to be included in the elite division. How can you claim to be an elite team when you don't have your roster yet to know what your team looks like - that is nobody's fault but your clubs.

How can you claim they are not Elite when their roster isn't final?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last summer beat Edge Canada at NSCLA, lost championship in OT at NJ Shootout to Leading Edge. Can put together some very good games occasionally.

Like Reply Quote
Page 18 of 70 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 69 70
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard