BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,591
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47
Re: Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Over 75 2019 Verbals but only 13 schools with confirmed verbals. Which programs do other people see as poised to make the biggest jump by waiting?

There another 9 each for Penn and Duke, so the total is really 93 so far. whistle

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Over 75 2019 Verbals but only 13 schools with confirmed verbals. Which programs do other people see as poised to make the biggest jump by waiting?

There another 9 each for Penn and Duke, so the total is really 93 so far. whistle

I find it hard to believe that all of the media outlets who do nothing other than cover lacrosse recruiting haven't even hinted at this, but some random BOTC user has the inside track?

There is no way that a school that is as academically selective as Penn would have 9 Freshman verbals that they are attempting to keep secret from everyone but you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are tons of great players who have not committed. These colleges are banking on these kids as the next best thing. And some might but I bet some won't see the field where they are going. Gurantee the schools like Fairfield georgetown Villanova and the Bryant's of the world are going to benefit and get those great players down the road. And parity will still continue at the division 1 level.

I like what Villanova has done. Very strong incoming classes and adding players as transfers, I think they are in a great spot.

I also really like what Towson has done, that is a program that could return to the highest level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have heard too that duke and penn have verbals. The schools don't want it publicized now. But the facts are parity along division 1 will remain because these coaches from the high profile schools grab the man child now but many will not be that stud 4 yrs from now. Many of the verbals are very physically developed. Wait for the kids who didn't hit it yet. Many many solid players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had heard about the Duke commits as well. Said they can't make it public till first year grades come out.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
There is going to be a lot of parody in the game of lacrosse like there has never been before. All these cant miss early commits that miss. Then there are the de-commits because of not making grades or after a few visits in 11th and 12th grade kid doesn't really like school or coach because they picked in 9th grade. There are also the late bloomers, the out west and our neighbors up north now sending a steady flow of players to US schools. I love it!!! Its actually good for the sport when on any given Saturday a team no one thought had a shot can beat another team. More athletes playing the game then ever before equals a lot of talent to chose from. I feel for these coaches trying to pic the best players in 9th and 10th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
There is going to be a lot of parody in the game of lacrosse like there has never been before. All these cant miss early commits that miss. Then there are the de-commits because of not making grades or after a few visits in 11th and 12th grade kid doesn't really like school or coach because they picked in 9th grade. There are also the late bloomers, the out west and our neighbors up north now sending a steady flow of players to US schools. I love it!!! Its actually good for the sport when on any given Saturday a team no one thought had a shot can beat another team. More athletes playing the game then ever before equals a lot of talent to chose from. I feel for these coaches trying to pic the best players in 9th and 10th grade.

Bottom line..the only people who care if Duke is holding back on naming the kids who gave verbals is Duke and the parents of those kids..The parents want to tell their friends and it is killing them that they can't yet..although privately they already have..Its called ego and parents have them more then kids..Crazy but true..if your kid hasn't decided where to go to school as a 14 or 15 year old kid that's ok ..Your not expected to yet...Patience patience ..parents let the kids be kids and not an adult yet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand what you are saying about patience but all these schools 2019s are gonna be full by the summer. Only bottom of division 1 and a few here and there will be open. So unfortunately patience is wearing thin. Even West Point has a 2019 verbal. That is crazy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the buses will be full? No. I posted a few weeks ago that my son walked on at a selective college he just applied to and was admitted into. They also had a ranked team and my son would up playing a lot and did well. I wonder now how much harder it would have been for him to survive the social forces to say no to the less selective schools just for the moment to say committed to play D1 lacrosse. In truth, early recruiting is already a disaster. My son graduated last spring and he noted that there is already a noticeable quality gap in recruiting classes which is going worse every year. The coaches know it, but are also just keeping on with going through the motions to fill up spots. The earlier poster is also correct. Duke recruits and commits 9th graders. They've been offering 9th graders for a few years now but just seem married to wanting to deny that to keep some prestige or higher ground versus the other ones. Better to just be honest. Penn got blasted PR wise last year with the 9th grader commitpalooza tour and this year they are not doing anything different, they are merely keeping the same thing non public.

Look -- if your kid is a very good or excellent student, you really want him to go for a partial athletic scholarship to VMI, High Point or Furman (just to name three a kid like that would not even apply to if not for the lacrosse drug)??? I'd hope not. Very good or excellent students should shirk all this and just apply and get into a selective school. Then if they are strong players, they will be able to walk on. Especially now with the huge spoilage in the early recruiting game. The only thing this kid loses is a childish Twitter handle saying XYZ College 2022 or whatever, which is worthless. If an average or below average student, I get it that lacrosse can make way for a kid to be able to get admitted to a college. That said, at least in the Maryland and LI demographic for lacrosse I've seen, this is usually not the case. Proud and pushy dads are really pointing their kids toward disaster to push so hard for some colleges which aren't likely to serve their kids well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I understand what you are saying about patience but all these schools 2019s are gonna be full by the summer. Only bottom of division 1 and a few here and there will be open. So unfortunately patience is wearing thin. Even West Point has a 2019 verbal. That is crazy!

I don't think that will be the case . Verbal does not mean they are guaranteed any money. If the school or child want to cancel the verbal it will be done. It really means nothing..these schools want the verbal from you this way if 1/4 or 1/2 commit it's a home run. verbals help the parent not the child. If a kid decides he wants to major in architecture why would he go to Hopkins .. think about it..he might have committed to them at first but realized later it wasn't a good fit. What if the school offers them 5k and the parents thought they would get 30k ..then what happens

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bottom line..the only people who care if Duke is holding back on naming the kids who gave verbals is Duke and the parents of those kids..The parents want to tell their friends and it is killing them that they can't yet..although privately they already have..Its called ego and parents have them more then kids..Crazy but true..if your kid hasn't decided where to go to school as a 14 or 15 year old kid that's ok ..Your not expected to yet...Patience patience ..parents let the kids be kids and not an adult yet

Sorry, not the way that it works. Schools do not tell the parents or the kids that they can't tell anyone. Some schools ask that you do not make a "public announcement" to any media outlets. Some Ivy's ask that if you make a public announcement you simply state that you are committed to "an Ivy". In any event it is not the parents of the top players who are driving the process. The college coaches are the ones pursuing the "Top Players" players and making the offers.
For the most part, the kids who have been offered spots are in the top 10% of the class. Currently there are between 75 and 100 kids committed to 15 - 20 schools. There are about 30 clubs represented and I think 100% of the commits play Club Lacrosse.

There will be at least 700 DI commits in the 2019 class so I agree that parents and players should be patient. However, if you are being "offered a spot and or scholarship from Duke, Virginia, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Hopkins, Penn, Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Air Force, North Carolina, Syracuse, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Denver, Michigan etc.. I would not hold out too long. There are a limited number of spots (and $$) and they will fill up. If you have no interest in any of the above schools that is a different story. If your kid is receiving offers from the schools listed I am sure that you will be able to right your own ticket at just about all of the other schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am navigating the recruiting process and refocusing what is important for my son for the long term, I can't help but think the Ivy's and Patriot league programs will continue to strengthen as top talent looks to the education and post graduation career prospects. We have looked at some of the top lacrosse programs but some are really lacking the career stats once Johnny graduates and puts down his stock. Then you look at some of the Patriot programs and their academic prowess and career success of graduates. Its undeniable.

Do you want your son walking into an interview with a Bucknell degree (along with their alumni network) or Maryland degree?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure - ask Kevin Plank ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am navigating the recruiting process and refocusing what is important for my son for the long term, I can't help but think the Ivy's and Patriot league programs will continue to strengthen as top talent looks to the education and post graduation career prospects. We have looked at some of the top lacrosse programs but some are really lacking the career stats once Johnny graduates and puts down his stock. Then you look at some of the Patriot programs and their academic prowess and career success of graduates. Its undeniable.

Do you want your son walking into an interview with a Bucknell degree (along with their alumni network) or Maryland degree?

You "looked" at some of the top lacrosse schools or your son was "recruited and offered" a spot at some of the top lacrosse schools? because I can guarantee that if Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Hopkins, Notre Dame and Virginia are offering all of the Ivy's will want your son as well.

Since you are in the business of disparaging certain schools... Please do not equate patriot with Ivy. Do you want your kid walking into an interview with a Harvard Degree (along with their alumni network) or a Bucknell degree? I know plenty of very successful people with degrees from Cornell, Princeton, Penn, Harvard, Brown, Yale, Hopkins, Duke, Notre Dame, Virginia, Penn State, North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan Rutgers as well as many other schools. There is a "good fit" for all. Most of the best "lacrosse schools" are also strong academic schools. If you kid is not going to Harvard Princeton or Yale please do not try to make their choice out to be superior to all others. Sorry but patriot is not Ivy and Bucknell is not Harvard.

If your son was (or is) offered a spot at some of the top lacrosse schools (Duke, Cornell, Princeton, Notre Dame, Yale, Virginia, North Carolina etc..) and you guid him to Bucknell that is your choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a huge Bucknell fan but to wide of a scope. Those are two very polar opposite schools. Not sure the kid who wants Bucknell wants Maryland or vica versa.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am a huge Bucknell fan but to wide of a scope. Those are two very polar opposite schools. Not sure the kid who wants Bucknell wants Maryland or vica versa.

I dont think anyone could argue that you are probably spot on that a student athlete who wants Bucknell would definitely want to be considered for an Ivy, Duke, Notre Dame or UNC.

Just keep the grades up and your nose clean and it either will or wont work out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You "looked" at some of the top lacrosse schools or your son was "recruited and offered" a spot at some of the top lacrosse schools? because I can guarantee that if Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Hopkins, Notre Dame and Virginia are offering all of the Ivy's will want your son as well.

Since you are in the business of disparaging certain schools... Please do not equate patriot with Ivy. Do you want your kid walking into an interview with a Harvard Degree (along with their alumni network) or a Bucknell degree? I know plenty of very successful people with degrees from Cornell, Princeton, Penn, Harvard, Brown, Yale, Hopkins, Duke, Notre Dame, Virginia, Penn State, North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan Rutgers as well as many other schools. There is a "good fit" for all. Most of the best "lacrosse schools" are also strong academic schools. If you kid is not going to Harvard Princeton or Yale please do not try to make their choice out to be superior to all others. Sorry but patriot is not Ivy and Bucknell is not Harvard.

If your son was (or is) offered a spot at some of the top lacrosse schools (Duke, Cornell, Princeton, Notre Dame, Yale, Virginia, North Carolina etc..) and you guid him to Bucknell that is your choice.

Mr. Thin Skin: I posted schools as examples, not disparaging. I really don't think anyone would argue you can't compare Maryland to Bucknell, but if you want to whine---be my guest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A guy (or gal) really can't start an innocuous thread without at least one person jumping all the way down his throat. I see the point that was being made.

If a player attends a Bucknell-type university, the education and after school opportunities one would expect to be much more robust than a Maryland-type university. So, one can assume most kids and their parents want the best education and career opportunities as possible. Therefore, besides the top schools with strong lax programs (Duke, ND, etc) kids might start focusing more on Ivy's and Patriot league. I get it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mr. Thin Skin: I posted schools as examples, not disparaging. I really don't think anyone would argue you can't compare Maryland to Bucknell, but if you want to whine---be my guest.

Not whining at all and no thin skin. Just do not think patriot and Ivy should be mentioned together as if they are the same. High end lacrosse players striving to go to an Ivy is nothing new.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, not the way that it works. Schools do not tell the parents or the kids that they can't tell anyone. Some schools ask that you do not make a "public announcement" to any media outlets. Some Ivy's ask that if you make a public announcement you simply state that you are committed to "an Ivy". In any event it is not the parents of the top players who are driving the process. The college coaches are the ones pursuing the "Top Players" players and making the offers.
For the most part, the kids who have been offered spots are in the top 10% of the class. Currently there are between 75 and 100 kids committed to 15 - 20 schools. There are about 30 clubs represented and I think 100% of the commits play Club Lacrosse.

There will be at least 700 DI commits in the 2019 class so I agree that parents and players should be patient. However, if you are being "offered a spot and or scholarship from Duke, Virginia, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Hopkins, Penn, Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Air Force, North Carolina, Syracuse, Maryland, Penn State, Ohio State, Denver, Michigan etc.. I would not hold out too long. There are a limited number of spots (and $$) and they will fill up. If you have no interest in any of the above schools that is a different story. If your kid is receiving offers from the schools listed I am sure that you will be able to right your own ticket at just about all of the other schools.

So you are telling me that Duke and NC have offered these kids free rides already?..I didn't think it happened like that..so no reason to go any of their prospect days when they already have chosen their kids ..Thanks for clarifying that..saved me a lot of money

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are telling me that Duke and NC have offered these kids free rides already?..I didn't think it happened like that..so no reason to go any of their prospect days when they already have chosen their kids ..Thanks for clarifying that..saved me a lot of money

Don't think the post says "free rides" as there is no such thing. Also don't think it says those programs r full. Since you can't do math, i'll do it for you. 75-100 kids committed to 15-20 programs. That is 5 per program. Each of these programs take 35-50 kids. So lets say 9-13 kids per class. So I think you can still take your kid to prospect camps. But it might be a waste if they suck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks the ones who have committed already are the early bloomers. Boys who are mostly men now. Many are holdbacks. Many will turn out to be duds. Seen it all too many times. The 2018 and 2019 classes will see many decommits down the road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't think the post says "free rides" as there is no such thing. Also don't think it says those programs r full. Since you can't do math, i'll do it for you. 75-100 kids committed to 15-20 programs. That is 5 per program. Each of these programs take 35-50 kids. So lets say 9-13 kids per class. So I think you can still take your kid to prospect camps. But it might be a waste if they suck.

So if you do the math then Maryland is full already correct ..or is my math wrong when they already have over 10 kids for this age..let me know if I am wrong

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are not wrong. However, there will be a bit of turnover and decomposition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are right. All the top 10 lacrosse schools will be done by end of this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think you are right. All the top 10 lacrosse schools will be done by end of this summer.

I guess they will send their prospect camp info out to the 2020
Kids now..it's such a joke and people buy into it. The coach may not be there 4 years from now. Your kids may change his ideas on a major 5 times before he graduates HS but they know what school they want to go to..These are the most mature kids I have ever seen. The parents deserve all the credit for what their kids have accomplished. They are the driving force behind the camps the kids go to. I love the kids visiting school at this age( like they know what they are looking for in a University or College). comical

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the Denver commits think that Tierney will be still coaching at age 70? Just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget that there are schools within schools. As a parent it is easy to get wrapped up in the pedigree of a school and I think we all know successful people and idiots from top tier schools and people who have hit out of the park from lesser branded schools.

If have older kids who have gone through the college process with or without sports I think you really begin to see the ROI aspect of paying for a college education and in most cases in today's economy is it more about one's professional schooling.

There are obvious benefits of being able to tap into an established alumni network but hat is no guarantee of success.

One of the most talented guys I ever worked with was a Computer Science major from Maryland. He was one of the developers of Google Chrome and is very happy with the full academic ride he received and his multi million dollar net worth. There are a lot of ways to skin the proverbial cat.

Our son decided to go to state school with a good lacrosse program, and with the combination of merit and athletic money he is going to graduate will almost zero debt and with a very strong degree in which this school is very well respected.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget that there are schools within schools. As a parent it is easy to get wrapped up in the pedigree of a school and I think we all know successful people and idiots from top tier schools and people who have hit out of the park from lesser branded schools.

If have older kids who have gone through the college process with or without sports I think you really begin to see the ROI aspect of paying for a college education and in most cases in today's economy is it more about one's professional schooling.

There are obvious benefits of being able to tap into an established alumni network but hat is no guarantee of success.

One of the most talented guys I ever worked with was a Computer Science major from Maryland. He was one of the developers of Google Chrome and is very happy with the full academic ride he received and his multi million dollar net worth. There are a lot of ways to skin the proverbial cat.

Our son decided to go to state school with a good lacrosse program, and with the combination of merit and athletic money he is going to graduate will almost zero debt and with a very strong degree in which this school is very well respected.

On average, a graduate from a Patriot/Ivy has a distinct advantage over a grad from a state school. The Google Chrome designer is a 1 in a million kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On average, a graduate from a Patriot/Ivy has a distinct advantage over a grad from a state school. The Google Chrome designer is a 1 in a million kid.

LOL at this guy with a kid at a Patriot League school.

Re: Boys 2019-9th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
As I navigate the lacrosse recruiting world with my son: I have read a lot on it, been counseled on it, and experienced a lot personally.

1. 12.6 Scholarships per D1 team to be divided amongst all players. There are approximately 40-50 players per team. That's not a lot of money to be shared. Lacrosse is not like football where it is fully funded. FBS has 85 full scholarships to give out per team.

2. Numbers game. Coaches try and see and get as many kids interested in their program so they have as many options as possible.

3. Don't take what coaches say or do as gospel. They really are just trying to get best players for their team. They will say and do whatever it takes, its their job. I have heard it countless times "we don't take early commits" from coaches at recruiting seminars and showcases.I have had friends kids committed to that same Coach the week before in 9th grade before the first report card is out. Then while walking same coach approaches me and ask where is my son considering going can he have his coaches number. Want to set up a time to talk all while he was in 9th grade.

4. All of these early commits are just handshakes by both parties. A lot can change from 9th to 12th grade for player and coach. It's not a binding contract. There will be decommitts due to change of skill some players get worse or don't meet projection. Others realize they can get into a better school than the one they early committed to. Then there are players not meeting expectations in classroom. Coaches are not obligated to take you. Coaches leaving or getting fired and a whole slew of other reasons.

5. It's an amazing accomplishment to play D1 but parents it's not the end of the world if your kid doesn't. College lacrosse is not a means to an end. Enjoy the ride. It's a hard one for you and your child. The time and the money spent is incredible. The one thing you will never get back is the time spent with your kid as an 12, 13, and 14 year old. Spend the time wisely and enjoy them. Take this from a person that recently learned to step back and let his kids enjoy the game he loves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice post and very good advice

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice post and very good advice

Usually I can be confrontational on here but you are right finally someone who makes a lot of sense..each kid will be fine as long as the parents ego does not get in the way

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL at this guy with a kid at a Patriot League school.

No, a parent with a child considering a Patriot league school and a very good state school. More money coming from state school and far cheaper overall but perhaps the VALUE is the Patriot league school in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any school can be a good school if the kid takes advantage of what the school has to offer and maximizes his opportunities. Seems to me that in the current climate its a lot more important where you go to graduate school and/or where you do your internship than where you do your undergrad. Obviously there are some terrific schools with incredible alumni networks, but dont get too stressed if your kid doesnt go to an Ivy or a Patriot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I navigate the lacrosse recruiting world with my son: I have read a lot on it, been counseled on it, and experienced a lot personally.

1. 12.6 Scholarships per D1 team to be divided amongst all players. There are approximately 40-50 players per team. That's not a lot of money to be shared. Lacrosse is not like football where it is fully funded. FBS has 85 full scholarships to give out per team.

2. Numbers game. Coaches try and see and get as many kids interested in their program so they have as many options as possible.

3. Don't take what coaches say or do as gospel. They really are just trying to get best players for their team. They will say and do whatever it takes, its their job. I have heard it countless times "we don't take early commits" from coaches at recruiting seminars and showcases.I have had friends kids committed to that same Coach the week before in 9th grade before the first report card is out. Then while walking same coach approaches me and ask where is my son considering going can he have his coaches number. Want to set up a time to talk all while he was in 9th grade.

4. All of these early commits are just handshakes by both parties. A lot can change from 9th to 12th grade for player and coach. It's not a binding contract. There will be decommitts due to change of skill some players get worse or don't meet projection. Others realize they can get into a better school than the one they early committed to. Then there are players not meeting expectations in classroom. Coaches are not obligated to take you. Coaches leaving or getting fired and a whole slew of other reasons.

5. It's an amazing accomplishment to play D1 but parents it's not the end of the world if your kid doesn't. College lacrosse is not a means to an end. Enjoy the ride. It's a hard one for you and your child. The time and the money spent is incredible. The one thing you will never get back is the time spent with your kid as an 12, 13, and 14 year old. Spend the time wisely and enjoy them. Take this from a person that recently learned to step back and let his kids enjoy the game he loves.

Thanks for sharing. Informative post with good facts. Good luck!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a big joke..The one guy is releasing his top 15 2019 players.. Not hard to figure out when he praises mostly the same kids each time he writes. It gets old, so make sure you watch and see the same names mentioned over and over and over and over and over. ..Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol it's usually 8 clubs he really writes about. I'm sure you can figure out which ones. They go to the best recruiting tournaments. And different kids get write ups from same clubs after each tournament. Pretty funny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol it's usually 8 clubs he really writes about. I'm sure you can figure out which ones. They go to the best recruiting tournaments. And different kids get write ups from same clubs after each tournament. Pretty funny

They may play on the best teams and it's hard to dispute but I would rather see them on teams that have less talent and see how they shine. I think it would help reassure their place among the top kids in their year . That goes for all ages

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, another poster with the "patriot / Ivy" as if they are one and the same or equal. Nothing against the patriot schools but Becknell is not Harvard, Lehigh is not Princeton, Boston University is not Yale, Lafayette is not Penn. Get it, they do not equate. For some reason some on this site want to promote the Patriot schools by referencing them along with the Ivy's as a far superior choice to a State School.

To say that a student graduating from a Patriot League School will have far more advantages than a student graduating from a State School is foolish.

Virginia, North Carolina, Michigan, Penn State and Maryland are all "State Schools". Remove Lacrosse from the picture and I am not sure that I would choose a patriot school over any of them.

After the Ivy's its Hopkins, Duke, Notre Dame, Georgetown.

As far as academics / lacrosse go I would say the top 5 conferences are:

1 - Ivy
2 - ACC
3 - Big Ten
4 - Big East
5 – Patriot

Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard