BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,638
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 90 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 89 90
Re: Boys 2020-8th Grade Fall 2015 Summer 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just how did your assessment lead you to think that FCA & Looney's looked the best? FCA went 1-2 in the day and lost soundly to Sons & 91 MD. It seemed to me that there was a lot of talent up there but Looney's, Rising Son's and 91 MD looked the most impressive. Don't forget Hawks are very good and were missing some of their best players. That coach at Hawks looks like he doesn't mess around and those kids always play hard for him. Looney's is by far the team to beat that has a mostly legit 2020 team. Hawks, Sons, FCA, 91 MD, LI Express and Legacy all seem to have legit 2020 kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looneys 2nd half goalie was on crabs last year. Hawks FO guy came from crabs too. Not every parent has drank RM's holdback philosophy. Good for them and their kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looneys 2nd half goalie was on crabs last year. Hawks FO guy came from crabs too. Not every parent has drank RM's holdback philosophy. Good for them and their kids.

Those kids are on Looney's now because they were cut and replaced by better players. LOL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So just how did your assessment lead you to think that FCA & Looney's looked the best? FCA went 1-2 in the day and lost soundly to Sons & 91 MD. It seemed to me that there was a lot of talent up there but Looney's, Rising Son's and 91 MD looked the most impressive. Don't forget Hawks are very good and were missing some of their best players. That coach at Hawks looks like he doesn't mess around and those kids always play hard for him. Looney's is by far the team to beat that has a mostly legit 2020 team. Hawks, Sons, FCA, 91 MD, LI Express and Legacy all seem to have legit 2020 kids.

I like how this Hawks Dad tried to slip an excuse in there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Those kids are on Looney's now because they were cut and replaced by better players. LOL.

Replaced by 15 year olds. Looney's second keeper is excellent...Crabs screwed up!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. They got cut. They didn't leave because they didn't buy into what Crabs was doing.

It's amazing the straws that you people grasp at to try to put the club down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. They got cut. They didn't leave because they didn't buy into what Crabs was doing.

It's amazing the straws that you people grasp at to try to put the club down.

Funny how the crab parents talk about 8th grade kids as if they are pieces of meat. The goalie who left, for whatever reason, is a very good player and kid. Crabs will realize their mistake in a year or two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU Basketball just changed their eligibility to restrict birthdays and many kids found out their old team did not want them. They put in some grade based grandfathering for older kids, but not younger (U-14 or less).

(Example: 15U/9th Grade: An athlete can be no older than 15 on August 31, 2015. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 9th grade as of Oct 1, 2014 and who is no older than 16 on August 31, 2015 is eligible to play in the 15U/9th grade division)

It is too late for the 2020 to be affected by a stricter rule change, but there is hope for my 2025. Hopefully, lacrosse can get their act together.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Replaced by 15 year olds. Looney's second keeper is excellent...Crabs screwed up!

Could be the starter too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could be the starter too

The guy crabs replaced him with is not even that good and he's old so he fits in the crabs model

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those kids were replaced with 2019 players. Holdbacks rule in Crabby land.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have the scores of the tournament Maryland last weekend

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, no.

umm, yes! New goalie is older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??? they are NOT tough?? REALLY???
You are a funny guy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
??? they are NOT tough?? REALLY???
You are a funny guy!

sure they are! Just admit it and stop lying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAU Basketball just changed their eligibility to restrict birthdays and many kids found out their old team did not want them. They put in some grade based grandfathering for older kids, but not younger (U-14 or less).

(Example: 15U/9th Grade: An athlete can be no older than 15 on August 31, 2015. Grade Exception: An athlete who is in the 9th grade as of Oct 1, 2014 and who is no older than 16 on August 31, 2015 is eligible to play in the 15U/9th grade division)

It is too late for the 2020 to be affected by a stricter rule change, but there is hope for my 2025. Hopefully, lacrosse can get their act together.

Crabs will figure some way to cheat the system.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am totally against the holding back of kids for an athletic advantage. Think it's terrible. But why single out the Crabs? Every team has them. One team who didn’t do so well last weekend at Hill even has a kid that just decided to play down without even reclassing. It's sad that people would go to these lengths to try to make their kid look better temporarily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am totally against the holding back of kids for an athletic advantage. Think it's terrible. But why single out the Crabs? Every team has them. One team who didn’t do so well last weekend at Hill even has a kid that just decided to play down without even reclassing. It's sad that people would go to these lengths to try to make their kid look better temporarily.

Crabs manipulate the system the most. Look what they did at Beach Lax this past summer. Most teams probably have a couple, but their entire starting lineup is holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs manipulate the system the most. Look what they did at Beach Lax this past summer. Most teams probably have a couple, but their entire starting lineup is holdbacks.

So you are saying it's ok if a team only cheats a little? The whole system is a [lacrosse] show. Pot calling the kettle black. Time for some actual rules!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are saying it's ok if a team only cheats a little? The whole system is a [lacrosse] show. Pot calling the kettle black. Time for some actual rules!

There should be age rules, I agree! One of the previous posters asked why Crabs gets singled out more than others. I gave him an honest answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

Which team DOESNT have holdbacks? Seriously every LI team I know has at least one kid who should be in 9th grade. It may not be as open and widespread as say Edge Ontario, but they are there. Ironically also, they are often not the biggest kids so they fly under the radar. I agree that MD has raised re-classing to an art form......but the complaining on LI rings a little hollow unless or until all the clubs here want to lay near their rosters by DOB and take a no hold-back. What's that I hear? Cricket, cricket .....that's what I thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

Which team DOESNT have holdbacks? Seriously every LI team I know has at least one kid who should be in 9th grade. It may not be as open and widespread as say Edge Ontario, but they are there. Ironically also, they are often not the biggest kids so they fly under the radar. I agree that MD has raised re-classing to an art form......but the complaining on LI rings a little hollow unless or until all the clubs here want to lay near their rosters by DOB and take a no hold-back. What's that I hear? Cricket, cricket .....that's what I thought.

The issue therein lies that a kid born in November of 2001 is technically a holdback for 2020 LI team, but is age appropriate for the rest of the country. A sept 2001 is a hold back for sure in LI and STILL age appropriate for the rest of the country. As far as I'm concerned- LI teams would be fine posting their rosters. At the worse- you'll see kids that are age appropriate for the rest of the country. You might find a kid here and there with a summer birthday which seems to be the absolute standard for MD prep school filled teams. The joke is going to be that soon- a holdback will not be unique and more and more kids will do it- taking away any advantage. Now that'll be great- all these kids just screwed their academic path for nothing because everyone is now older!

Get rid of grade based- it's stupid. Play up if you have skill- those that play down do so if their skill set is weak or they are slow. Go U based by year until HS. Simple...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

But not all are as brazen as the LI kid playing down without even reclassing. Dispicable!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

But not all are as brazen as the LI kid playing down without even reclassing. Dispicable!

What LI teams are playing this weekend and where?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems there were several cut crabs kids out there on Sunday making an impact on other teams. It's good that those kids now have a home where they feel welcome & are not stressed out about what 2019 kid is going to repeat 9th grade again next year. There are clearly coaches that see talent and not always think size is everything. The Looney's goalie is small but very quick & does a great job in the cage. The Faceoff middy for Hawks was cut & I saw him beat the Looney's guy at least 4 times. 91 has an attackman cut by crabs that is small & was lighting it up. In the end who really cares what the Crabs are doing. It's only 8th grade lax & if your chasing championships in 8th grade then your clearly not focused on what is really important. Developing, mentoring & training young men to make a difference in life through athletics is what it's all about. Let the king crab chase crush & take whatever measures possible to beat them. It's actually comical!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The entire starting lineup is holdback? Nice bold-faced lie, dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

Every year we all go onto the US Lacrosse website and renew for another year. No big stretch to require a yearly headshot be uploaded or mailed, with a laminated ID being sent back with picture, name, ID number and birth year. Also require a one time only mailing of birth certificate. ID cards can be checked before each game - town or travel. Forget your card, you don't play.

I don't know why college coaches don't jump on this. If I am offering 9th and 10th graders I want to know the kid will be good. Watching a 17 year old dominate 15 year olds tells me less about the 17 year old than if he were dominating other 17 year olds. When they get to February of there freshman year, even the youngest are already 18. The age advantage is gone. The 17 year old that was dominating 15 year olds when offered may not be so hot as a 20 year old vs 18 year olds. The bottom line is that while kids are developing, the best way to predict future success is to see them play against kids their own age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like true Lying Crab coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I guess if you can't beat them, keep throwing mud, even it you know you're just making stuff up.

(and I don't even live in MD, let alone have anything to do with Madlax or the Crabs).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, I guess if you can't beat them, keep throwing mud, even it you know you're just making stuff up.

(and I don't even live in MD, let alone have anything to do with Madlax or the Crabs).

We believe you Ryan!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team???

The issue therein lies that a kid born in November of 2001 is technically a holdback for 2020 LI team, but is age appropriate for the rest of the country. A sept 2001 is a hold back for sure in LI and STILL age appropriate for the rest of the country. As far as I'm concerned- LI teams would be fine posting their rosters. At the worse- you'll see kids that are age appropriate for the rest of the country. You might find a kid here and there with a summer birthday which seems to be the absolute standard for MD prep school filled teams. The joke is going to be that soon- a holdback will not be unique and more and more kids will do it- taking away any advantage. Now that'll be great- all these kids just screwed their academic path for nothing because everyone is now older!

Get rid of grade based- it's stupid. Play up if you have skill- those that play down do so if their skill set is weak or they are slow. Go U based by year until HS. Simple...

PA parent here, I would say most of the top teams are LOADED with kids born from April 2001-August 2001. Most held back Pre-K, but a handful reclassed. Some of the reclassed kids are even older than that. I would bet money on it!!! I would estimate that my son's team has about 50% of the kids in that age range and we only have 2 kids that have actually reclassed, all of the others are kids who started K at 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have the Battle of the Bay scores that was held in Maryland over Halloween weekend. Or know where I can find them? Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have the Battle of the Bay scores that was held in Maryland over Halloween weekend. Or know where I can find them? Thanks

Good luck to Legacy and fl$ in Massachusetts this weekend. Represent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Faceoff middy for Hawks was cut

So you are lusting after the physiques of 8th graders? Ok, weirdo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look, we all saw on NATIONAL TV what happened when the Crabs played 91 Crush with age appropriate kids verified via birth certificate, the game was over at halftime, be real!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs are going to crush the Crush in a rematch. For real.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to you too Dad. Try to "represent" by not getting kicked out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to you too Dad. Try to "represent" by not getting kicked out.

I don't think either team has parents that would be thrown out.

Page 30 of 90 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 89 90

Link Copied to Clipboard