BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,649
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 86 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BINGO!
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Somebody actually scoured rosters of lacrosse teams and found one kid at Syracuse who is large in stature and played other sports at a high level. M'kay. I did look at Duke, UVA and UNC rosters for multi sport wonders and saw a few kids who were recruited athletes in other sports (Fersen and French at UVA are the two at UVA). The rest looked like as predicted. Lots of kids who had some varsity letters in some things but were mostly just lacrosse players, who also happen to be nearly all white from prep schools. The bar isn't very high to light it up as a football player at Potomac School bud.

I see what you did to also scour for one college football player who is a down lineman. Stay on the grid here. Name one UMD or UVA or UNC football linebacker, defensive back, or offensive skill player or end who doesn't run like a deer and isn't the one who has those gifts that one Syracuse lacrosse player and perhaps 2-3 total UVA ones do.

BTW, yes, catching and throwing a ball into a crosse is easier than hitting a 95 mph fastball or a 75 mph curveball, it is easier than swimming underwater for 15 meters, it is easier than controlling a hockey puck at high speeds while skating 25mph, and it is a lot easier than catching a football over the middle with 250 pound guys who can run a 4.4 three steps away from driving you into next week. Catching and throwing a lacrosse ball is easier than all of those things, and hitting basically does not exist in lacrosse today. In terms of skill, lacrosse is closest to tennis or squash given the size of the instrument used to control play versus the size of the ball. And something tells me you don't think Serena Williams is a better athlete than some D1 lacrosse player or Paul Rabil even, which is also stupid. Serena Williams is one of the 20 greatest athletes of all time in any sport as well.

I get it you think Michael Phelps isn't one of the 20 greatest athletes of all time in all sports. That pretty much speaks to how little you get out of the lacrosse globe to see what else there is. You make is sound like some schmoe from Bullis or PVI who is a Ty Xanders ranked recruit is a real deal athlete, and frankly that is a joke in of itself.

No one scoured anything to find a down lineman - the PP had said that you can take the 125th player of a D1 football team and put him against a 2nd line D1 lacrosse player, the football player would put the lacrosse player to shame. That's what we did, using one of the best lacrosse and football teams in the nation, and clearly the PP was wrong. Simple facts.

I think the way to think about this is that the lacrosse and football teams at Ivy League schools are roughly equal in athleticism. Ivy League schools can compete with Ohio state and Notre Dame in lacrosse. They can't compete with Notre Dame or Ohio state in football.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BINGO!
Somebody actually scoured rosters of lacrosse teams and found one kid at Syracuse who is large in stature and played other sports at a high level. M'kay. I did look at Duke, UVA and UNC rosters for multi sport wonders and saw a few kids who were recruited athletes in other sports (Fersen and French at UVA are the two at UVA). The rest looked like as predicted. Lots of kids who had some varsity letters in some things but were mostly just lacrosse players, who also happen to be nearly all white from prep schools. The bar isn't very high to light it up as a football player at Potomac School bud.

I see what you did to also scour for one college football player who is a down lineman. Stay on the grid here. Name one UMD or UVA or UNC football linebacker, defensive back, or offensive skill player or end who doesn't run like a deer and isn't the one who has those gifts that one Syracuse lacrosse player and perhaps 2-3 total UVA ones do.

BTW, yes, catching and throwing a ball into a crosse is easier than hitting a 95 mph fastball or a 75 mph curveball, it is easier than swimming underwater for 15 meters, it is easier than controlling a hockey puck at high speeds while skating 25mph, and it is a lot easier than catching a football over the middle with 250 pound guys who can run a 4.4 three steps away from driving you into next week. Catching and throwing a lacrosse ball is easier than all of those things, and hitting basically does not exist in lacrosse today. In terms of skill, lacrosse is closest to tennis or squash given the size of the instrument used to control play versus the size of the ball. And something tells me you don't think Serena Williams is a better athlete than some D1 lacrosse player or Paul Rabil even, which is also stupid. Serena Williams is one of the 20 greatest athletes of all time in any sport as well.

I get it you think Michael Phelps isn't one of the 20 greatest athletes of all time in all sports. That pretty much speaks to how little you get out of the lacrosse globe to see what else there is. You make is sound like some schmoe from Bullis or PVI who is a Ty Xanders ranked recruit is a real deal athlete, and frankly that is a joke in of itself.

No one scoured anything to find a down lineman - the PP had said that you can take the 125th player of a D1 football team and put him against a 2nd line D1 lacrosse player, the football player would put the lacrosse player to shame. That's what we did, using one of the best lacrosse and football teams in the nation, and clearly the PP was wrong. Simple facts.

I think the way to think about this is that the lacrosse and football teams at Ivy League schools are roughly equal in athleticism. Ivy League schools can compete with Ohio state and Notre Dame in lacrosse. They can't compete with Notre Dame or Ohio state in football.

I'm sure if the Ivies wanted to become competitive in football they could, can't see why they would want to. Ohio State and Notte Dame can compete with the Ivies in lacrosse, but not in lifelong earning potential - all a matter of priorities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BINGO!

I'm sure if the Ivies wanted to become competitive in football they could, can't see why they would want to. Ohio State and Notte Dame can compete with the Ivies in lacrosse, but not in lifelong earning potential - all a matter of priorities.

Good point - I don't think that Ivy Leagues want to "water down" their student intellect base like many of the very good football program schools do, there it's about education first and sports after. The first poster has no clue though - clearly he has never played lacrosse at a competitive level, or likely any of the other sports he mentioned either. Too many armchair quarterbacks on this lacrosse forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One interesting fact is that there were players that showed up on multiple rosters with different placements - Madlax, VLC and Crabs. I think people took placements in order Crabs, VLC and Madlax. It will be interesting to see how the Madlax restructure develops.

I noticed that the Capital tournaments are not published as the Orange tournaments were in the past. I guess he has to evaluate what the level of talent is.

I noticed that too. They have very good 2018 and 2019 teams, but the 2020 and 2021 teams have taken a step backwards. Other clubs have gotten stronger and now Blackwolf is in this market.

Their MD and VA teams look very weak. In the past, half of each roster would be cut and they would have one Blue team. Now they are not making those cuts and are putting two weaker Blue teams on the field. We'll see what the kids on those teams think about the new structure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point - I don't think that Ivy Leagues want to "water down" their student intellect base like many of the very good football program schools do, there it's about education first and sports after. The first poster has no clue though - clearly he has never played lacrosse at a competitive level, or likely any of the other sports he mentioned either. Too many armchair quarterbacks on this lacrosse forum.

Football is not the sole determinant of athletic ability. The kids that I see who are great lacrosse players would be good at any sport they played an many are good at multiple sports. I would not imagine a linebacker being good at basketball or soccer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Football is not the sole determinant of athletic ability. The kids that I see who are great lacrosse players would be good at any sport they played an many are good at multiple sports. I would not imagine a linebacker being good at basketball or soccer.

While lacrosse gets some very good Athletics..No one can honestly think that they get the best...The very best gravitate to Football, Basketball,hockey, baseball,etc..money sports..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent point - there are many overweight, out of shape football players who couldn't run for 60 seconds let alone 60 minutes. Since when is football the athletic end all be all measure? That's asinine - no one's impressed by that nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While lacrosse gets some very good Athletics..No one can honestly think that they get the best...The very best gravitate to Football, Basketball,hockey, baseball,etc..money sports..

Nonsense, how do you define "the best". The things that make you good at one sport - height, sheer size - may not be an advantage in other sports. You cannot define athletics or athleticism based on the 4 main money sports in the U.S. Just because someone is good at hitting a fastball does not mean they are athletic - David Ortiz? The hand eye coordination of a tennis player is as good as any mlb hitter. Gymnasts, pound for pound, are stronger than any other athlete. We can do this all night. Yes, more kids gravitate towards the mainstream sports, but that does not mean that they are better athletes.

Lacrosse does not have the same level of adoption across the U.S. but the athleticism of the participants is as good as in any other sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense, how do you define "the best". The things that make you good at one sport - height, sheer size - may not be an advantage in other sports. You cannot define athletics or athleticism based on the 4 main money sports in the U.S. Just because someone is good at hitting a fastball does not mean they are athletic - David Ortiz? The hand eye coordination of a tennis player is as good as any mlb hitter. Gymnasts, pound for pound, are stronger than any other athlete. We can do this all night. Yes, more kids gravitate towards the mainstream sports, but that does not mean that they are better athletes.

Lacrosse does not have the same level of adoption across the U.S. but the athleticism of the participants is as good as in any other sport.

Excellent point! Is the PP trying to say that baseball players as an example are more athletic than lacrosse players? They run for 90 feet at a time a few times a game, the pitchers make Fat Albert look slim, and they stand around most of the game. Let's get real...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One interesting fact is that there were players that showed up on multiple rosters with different placements - Madlax, VLC and Crabs. I think people took placements in order Crabs, VLC and Madlax. It will be interesting to see how the Madlax restructure develops.

I noticed that the Capital tournaments are not published as the Orange tournaments were in the past. I guess he has to evaluate what the level of talent is.

I noticed that too. They have very good 2018 and 2019 teams, but the 2020 and 2021 teams have taken a step backwards. Other clubs have gotten stronger and now Blackwolf is in this market.

Their MD and VA teams look very weak. In the past, half of each roster would be cut and they would have one Blue team. Now they are not making those cuts and are putting two weaker Blue teams on the field. We'll see what the kids on those teams think about the new structure.

Well this might be the case at 2020 and lower but the 2018 and 2019 VA Teams are as strong as ever. I think there will be growing pains for this new way of doing it for sure. But just like the Team 91 team that is new in Maryland it takes time to get new teams off the ground. But the format is out there A and B clubs with AA names on them do better then clubs that there top team plays A or B level only. People like the hope of getting moved up to a better team. They like to be part of the best teams. People like winning as a general rule.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can anyone find a Blackwolf roster for any age. Its like top secret information. What is the logic of hiding the rosters?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can anyone find a Blackwolf roster for any age. Its like top secret information. What is the logic of hiding the rosters?

The logic is that they're children. People on the team know who is on the roster. Why is it important to you if you aren't?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well this might be the case at 2020 and lower but the 2018 and 2019 VA Teams are as strong as ever. I think there will be growing pains for this new way of doing it for sure. But just like the Team 91 team that is new in Maryland it takes time to get new teams off the ground. But the format is out there A and B clubs with AA names on them do better then clubs that there top team plays A or B level only. People like the hope of getting moved up to a better team. They like to be part of the best teams. People like winning as a general rule.

Madlax's phantom "AAA, AA, A" is a smokescreen and nobody buys it. As for playing for a "B" team (or whatever you want to call it at the moment), nobody likes that experience. It is rare for any club to have a B team that is a good experience for a kid. We have a friend whose kids stuck with Madlax Blue for years before finally making it when enough Orange kids left. They regret it now because he missed all those years of getting recruiting attention. Everyone knows this is about creating two B teams with a 20-25 kids who normally would have been cut. Money.

The 2018 team has some excellent players, but they've lost 5-6 starters in the past 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Madlax blue players hold out hope that the cream will leave after committing (or not) around 9th grade. Once Maddux starts combining HS teams, the lines become blurred.

The 2019 commitments are impressive. I am surprised that it did not translate to more talent coming to 2020. Looks like VLC re-loaded at 2020. My prediction VLC 2020 take Madlax Capital 2020 8 out of 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is true. VLC 2020 is loaded now. Instant contender and very well done by Buller and Langley. I think their strategy has been moving things west a little to Fairfax (GMU) to capture more Loudoun talent while still retaining the beltway crowd and of course the PVI kids. This may be a move for the future as PVI moves to Loudoun in 2020 (?)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax's phantom "AAA, AA, A" is a smokescreen and nobody buys it. As for playing for a "B" team (or whatever you want to call it at the moment), nobody likes that experience. It is rare for any club to have a B team that is a good experience for a kid. We have a friend whose kids stuck with Madlax Blue for years before finally making it when enough Orange kids left. They regret it now because he missed all those years of getting recruiting attention. Everyone knows this is about creating two B teams with a 20-25 kids who normally would have been cut. Money.

The 2018 team has some excellent players, but they've lost 5-6 starters in the past 2 years.
5-6 starters left 2018 in past 2 year? You might want to recheck that figure...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the Madlax blue players hold out hope that the cream will leave after committing (or not) around 9th grade. Once Maddux starts combining HS teams, the lines become blurred.

The 2019 commitments are impressive. I am surprised that it did not translate to more talent coming to 2020. Looks like VLC re-loaded at 2020. My prediction VLC 2020 take Madlax Capital 2020 8 out of 10.

I heard that a number of the 2020s who made Madlax Capital chose VLC instead - one of the parents posted the Madlax tryout selection results and a bunch of the selected kids are on the VLC final 2020 roster.How was VLC able to pull such big numbers at 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I can tell, MadLax seems to have pulled off the single year AAA-Capital, VA-AA, MD-AA model for single years above U13. Then went with VA and MD U13 AA teams versus single years. Then looks like a combined VA-MD team for 2023.

All good, but anyone know whether the VA and MD AA teams playing in Fall tournaments or just Next Level league?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5-6 starters left 2018 in past 2 year? You might want to recheck that figure...

Not sure how long you have been with the team, but that's true. Several guys have left for Blackwolf, VLC or stopped playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that a number of the 2020s who made Madlax Capital chose VLC instead - one of the parents posted the Madlax tryout selection results and a bunch of the selected kids are on the VLC final 2020 roster.How was VLC able to pull such big numbers at 2020?

Maybe Cabell 's behavior problems are finally catching up with him. In most businesses customers/clients tend to go elsewhere when they are treated badly. Good for VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC was able to pull big numbers for a few reasons:

* Freedom folded. Although I don't know who on the VLC 2020 roster actually played previously for Freedom last season.
* Pockets of very good talent continues to grow further West (e.g. Loudoun Co and beyond).
* Coach Buller and Langley have a great reputation, and an excellent track record.
* Reputation and Madlax history. Yes, referring to the infamous email fiasco that will right or wrong forever paint a picture about the owner of Madlax and the organization. Some parents obviously put off with those antics; Cabell could be a completely different coach now but outsiders looking in don't know the guy personally.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

* Freedom folded. Although I don't know who on the VLC 2020 roster actually played previously for Freedom last season.
* Pockets of very good talent continues to grow further West (e.g. Loudoun Co and beyond).
* Coach Buller and Langley have a great reputation, and an excellent track record.
* Reputation and Madlax history. Yes, referring to the infamous email fiasco that will right or wrong forever paint a picture about the owner of Madlax and the organization. Some parents obviously put off with those antics; Cabell could be a completely different coach now but outsiders looking in don't know the guy personally.

Looking at the VLC roster for 2020 seems to be missing one of it the best player. The one who plays for the Crabs sometimes. But this name is not on the Crabs roster also?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The logic is that they're children. People on the team know who is on the roster. Why is it important to you if you aren't?

Ok I will give you the children part for any team younger then U13 age. But for teams older, who are putting there names on every showcase and recruiting website they can find its silly not to post the names. You are showing up for a team every weekend its not a secret who your kid plays for. It just silly PC crap to hide the little kids names from the internet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me help you with that last point. The "history" you refer to still goes on and no, Cabell has not changed. He is as vindictive and petulant as ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Langley still a PVI coach? He was criticized for that a few years ago when Loudon Co parents made an issue of him being biased to advocate the PVI kids ahead of the others. Not sure if that was the case, but it did lead to some rumbling. If VLC and Langley are less attached to the PVI program it would be a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at the VLC roster for 2020 seems to be missing one of it the best player. The one who plays for the Crabs sometimes. But this name is not on the Crabs roster also?

He is listed on the VLC 2020 roster. It looks to be an extremely strong team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silly PC crap to keep kid's names of the Internet when a sports roster of 13 year olds is what you are steamed to know and research? Dude, getting waaay close to needing to have the moderator here have your IP vetted by someone with a badge. Don't ever post something like that here again. No one is anonymous when they suggest open season on 13 year olds by name. I don't have a kid on Blackwolf, but if they restrain posting player names for youth teams, that's their decision. It isn't as if a stalker like you won't obtain it all in 6 weeks from a tournament registration list. What next, are you going to get upset their d.o.b. & ss# aren't easy to index? Calm down and keep that out of here. It is completely unacceptable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL. We had the same problem with a program chair for Youth football up hear in hazard county. So glad he did not own the club. Vindictive, Petulant, childish, but always went to church every Sunday. Love some of these guys. They need to watch "My Name is Earl" Karma is a [lacrosse]. LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Langley still a PVI coach? He was criticized for that a few years ago when Loudon Co parents made an issue of him being biased to advocate the PVI kids ahead of the others. Not sure if that was the case, but it did lead to some rumbling. If VLC and Langley are less attached to the PVI program it would be a good thing.

I haven't heard that story. His reputation is pretty high. I have heard that there is a PVI coach who runs 3d and there is pressure at PVI to play for 3d. That might not be true, though, since it doesn't seem that many PVI kids are playing for 3d.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean the other one from VLC who went to Denver? I do not see him on any roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you mean the other one from VLC who went to Denver? I do not see him on any roster.

Yes - he signed up late, he's on the VLC 2020 roster now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop it! I am referring to another player. He is NOT on the VLC roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're referring to the kid who played with Crabs at Denver and was their leading scorer and won fastest shot, then yes he is on the VLC 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you be frantically searching rosters on the Interwebs for some MS boy? That is really weird.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I haven't heard that story. His reputation is pretty high. I have heard that there is a PVI coach who runs 3d and there is pressure at PVI to play for 3d. That might not be true, though, since it doesn't seem that many PVI kids are playing for 3d.

Completely untrue. Why would you even post something like that if you weren't sure? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They only took one prior VLC player to Denver, and he's on the roster, so not sure what you're talking about...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cabbel is a complete tool and was a D3 hero. He has no respect from his old teammates nor D1 players in his day. He was a wanna be player who couldn't play D1. Add to that the way he treats kids now and it is ridiculous anyone would play for him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were 2 VLC players that played with the crabs....an attack (leading scorer and fastest shot) and a middie. Both played UP on VLC 2019 and then went to Crabs 2020 in Denver. The attack is now on the VLC 2020 roster. The middie is on neither VLC nor the Crabs 2020 rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely untrue. Why would you even post something like that if you weren't sure? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Because our friends plaa and PVI and told me that the assistant is always pushing 3d on the kids. It doesn't seem to be working because PVI's top kids are playing for VLC, Madlax and Blackwolf.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because our friends plaa and PVI and told me that the assistant is always pushing 3d on the kids. It doesn't seem to be working because PVI's top kids are playing for VLC, Madlax and Blackwolf.

Yes, Langley and Brooks both coach at PVI. My son plays on the VLC 2020 team, and the team is pretty diverse, with kids from Loudoun Public Schools, Fairfax area Public Schools, Arlington Public Schools, and a sprinkling of private. Langley has never pushed PVI kids ahead that I've seen, and he's also never pushed PVI on us - he and Buller are fantastic coaches, and there's nowhere I'd rather have my son play, to be honest. I also know Brooks, and he's never pushed 3D on my son, other than asking if he wanted to tryout or if he's sticking with VLC.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 86 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard