BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 45 of 128 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It would appear although there was some question as to whether or not all of the regular team was eligible. Regardless of who they scrape up, expect Crush to maul them. Best part is, they won't be able to make any excuses since everyone is following the same rules.

Oddly enough, Crush is conspicuously absent from the "Champions" page for Beach Lax a couple weeks ago, only name there for 2020s is Crabs. You should Google the definition of "maul"...

That page should read Champions*.

Pretty sure that the definition of maul is not a one point win in OT.

Still boasting about your tainted win, unbelievable.

Actually, I wasn't calling that win a mauling, or boasting at all, I was simply trying to point out how idiotic you sound. That was a very close game between two very talented teams, but it seems a bit ridiculous to say Crush will "maul" a team they just lost a Championship to 2 weeks ago, doesn't it? I'm trying to help you think logically here, that's all...

It is logical that Crush will win by a significant margin since Crabs can not bring the same team to Denver that played in Beach Lax because they are too old to qualify for the Denver age restriction.

So we agree that Crabs cannot win without their holdbacks, finally. I think we're done here.[/quote]

You've established that how? They have done quite well with the regular team all year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs 2020 team has done quite well with the "regular" team? That team has a slew of holdbacks too. It's a joke.

Without reclassified kids they are not much to write home about. Having to provide birth certificates AND reports card for Denver is going to significantly hamper their ability to compete. I sure hope we see Team 91 v. Crabs final on national TV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would appear although there was some question as to whether or not all of the regular team was eligible. Regardless of who they scrape up, expect Crush to maul them. Best part is, they won't be able to make any excuses since everyone is following the same rules.

Oddly enough, Crush is conspicuously absent from the "Champions" page for Beach Lax a couple weeks ago, only name there for 2020s is Crabs. You should Google the definition of "maul"...

Exactly why nobody has respect for Crabs. An OT win by 1 point (which by the way, Crabs had several 1 point wins that weekend) when you are using players a year to two older brought down for the sole reason to win a Championship, is not one you should brag about - much less use the word "maul". You guys get funnier by the minute.

Can you even read? The word maul was used by the OP saying that Crush would maul Crabs in Denver. No one ever said that Crabs mauled Crush. Yeesh [/quote]

Exactly why nobody has respect for Crabs. An OT win by 1 point (which by the way, Crabs had several 1 point wins that weekend) when you are using players a year to two older brought down for the sole reason to win a Championship, is not one you should brag about - much less use the word "maul". You guys get funnier by the minute.

Can you even read? The word maul was used by the OP saying that Crush would maul Crabs in Denver. No one ever said that Crabs mauled Crush. Yeesh [/quote]

Well said. The lack of intellect that exists within this forum is mind boggling - it seems that many simply cannot read. Although, since I regularly attend the tourneys and watch many of the team parents in action, I have to say that it does not surprise me...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we're not done here until Ryan says we're done here, of course when Ryan says we're done here, you never hear from him again

+1 Funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you even read? The word maul was used by the OP saying that Crush would maul Crabs in Denver. No one ever said that Crabs mauled Crush. Yeesh

Well said. The lack of intellect that exists within this forum is mind boggling - it seems that many simply cannot read. Although, since I regularly attend the tourneys and watch many of the team parents in action, I have to say that it does not surprise me...

Please, the comment about Crush "absent from the champions page" was a direct response to the comment about Crabs getting mauled.

Bottom line...Crabs rely on holdbacks to win (this we all agree on), Beach Lax holdbacks and several other team members are not eligible for Denver. Should be fun to watch.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you even read? The word maul was used by the OP saying that Crush would maul Crabs in Denver. No one ever said that Crabs mauled Crush. Yeesh

Please, the comment about Crush "absent from the champions page" was a direct response to the comment about Crabs getting mauled.

Bottom line...Crabs rely on holdbacks to win (this we all agree on), Beach Lax holdbacks and several other team members are not eligible for Denver. Should be fun to watch.

See? You're still not getting through to them - it's just not worth it. I'm pretty sure he was saying "don't say they will get mauled when they just beat that team", but what do I know? It doesn't seem all that difficult to understand, I never interpreted it any other way. Bottom line is, they lost, so I'm also interested to see what happens this weekend. Hopefully both dads have the balls to eat crow when one of their teams lose...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is McClernan going to let Canada Edge play in his tournaments knowing that they are a full year older than their competition due to a PG year? Not worried about the fall out to his Club should someone get hurt due to the size differential?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series of youth lacrosse all participants must make age cutoff but also be able to produce a report card that shows them in 7th grade or lower the past school year. Double proof. How many teams will this impact? This type of situation seems like something that US lacrosse could easily enforce throughout all tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to think the Crabs are scrambling to get kids to meet those restrictions. Their 2020 team without holdbacks is not going be able to compete with the likes of T91 and the potential of being embarrassed (potentially on National TV) is very real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to think the Crabs are scrambling to get kids to meet those restrictions. Their 2020 team without holdbacks is not going be able to compete with the likes of T91 and the potential of being embarrassed (potentially on National TV) is very real.

Is this why the Crabs just added 5 new player from Club Blue to the 2019 team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series of youth lacrosse all participants must make age cutoff but also be able to produce a report card that shows them in 7th grade or lower the past school year. Double proof. How many teams will this impact? This type of situation seems like something that US lacrosse could easily enforce throughout all tournaments

US LAX has no backbone, this issue should have been resolved years ago. What other sport has different age restriction for each tournament or league? It's an embarrassment!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rosters for World Series are locked in for the past two months. Players must make age as well as produce a report card. Seems like people running this event are following strict guidelines and that is refreshing to see

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you have me on this. Edge 2020 got invited to the World Series of lacrosse. We decided not to go because three players would have been excluded because of their age. Born before May 1/2001. Now your saying the kids also should be in grade 7. All our boys just finished grade 8. Do kids actually start school a year later in some states?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US LAX has no backbone, this issue should have been resolved years ago. What other sport has different age restriction for each tournament or league? It's an embarrassment!

All of them is the answer to this question. Girls softball has 6 major leagues/tournament ruling bodies. The ages and cutoffs are all a little different. Same reason there is 6 hamburger joints or 5 banks on the same block. All just a little different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok you have me on this. Edge 2020 got invited to the World Series of lacrosse. We decided not to go because three players would have been excluded because of their age. Born before May 1/2001. Now your saying the kids also should be in grade 7. All our boys just finished grade 8. Do kids actually start school a year later in some states?

in Maryland 2020 graduation year would be students born between 9/1/2001 - 8/31/2002. Any child born before 9/1/2001 and in 2020 graduation year either went to pre first in private school, or repeated a grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here's the true answer Edge 2020 was put together for Dicks. Every boy except 2 AP players are born after June 1/2001. Are we in the wrong age group because we sure heard that we were all weekend. Our kids had fun and never thought we would go as far as we did. We did beat the Crabs but that game and a few others could have gone either way with a bounce here and there. We are playing 2019 this weekend in Rochester and did so in Albany and Erie Pa as we have been told different regions different age groups. South of Mason/Dixon line we are 2020 north we play 2019. Chicago shootout we play 2019. We played 2019 last fall on the Saturday of autumn classic agst c2c and sentry and they looked like 2000's to us. We just love coming down and enjoy the competition see u all next Saturday at Crabs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, they have plenty of players for this event. Only a few on their roster were affected.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17/21 players are born after june /2001 but we have no 2002's as we are hoping to play at [lacrosse]'s Sporting Goods. No player on our team is born in 2000 although we have two January 2001's. Maybe we will just play 2019A instead of AA because I don't think we enjoyed the verbal abuse. Thanks for the clarification. Have a great summer to all teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
17/21 players are born after june /2001 but we have no 2002's as we are hoping to play at [lacrosse]'s Sporting Goods. No player on our team is born in 2000 although we have two January 2001's. Maybe we will just play 2019A instead of AA because I don't think we enjoyed the verbal abuse. Thanks for the clarification. Have a great summer to all teams!

So there is no one older than 14, with most being 13 since 17 of them are born after 6/1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes we have 8 players born in june 2001

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the majority of 2020 LI teams have 90% of their team born in 2002- with 1-3 players born in Dec or Fall of 2001. Makes for an interesting comparison.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS on the Crabs only having a few that were not affected by the age cut off. 2020 is full of holdbacks. The team that played at Beach Lax certainly isn't playing in Denver....

Crabs are cheaters - no two ways about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok here's the true answer Edge 2020 was put together for Dicks. Every boy except 2 AP players are born after June 1/2001. Are we in the wrong age group because we sure heard that we were all weekend. Our kids had fun and never thought we would go as far as we did. We did beat the Crabs but that game and a few others could have gone either way with a bounce here and there. We are playing 2019 this weekend in Rochester and did so in Albany and Erie Pa as we have been told different regions different age groups. South of Mason/Dixon line we are 2020 north we play 2019. Chicago shootout we play 2019. We played 2019 last fall on the Saturday of autumn classic agst c2c and sentry and they looked like 2000's to us. We just love coming down and enjoy the competition see u all next Saturday at Crabs

You should be playing 2019 at Crabs. There is no difference between playing in the north and the south. You will be playing kids younger than your kids and that is why you are hearing that. 2020 is just finishing 7th grade and the boys should all be born after 9/2001. Any players between 6/1 and 9/1/2001 really do not belong in 2020 and certainly no players before 6/1/2001 especially finishing 8th grade. Please ask to be realigned for your tournament to avoid any tainted wins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You definitely belong in 2019 if you have 8 players born in June 2001 and two born before June 2001 - added to the fact that you are just finishing 8th grade you should insist on being moved. You could be playing kids a full year younger than you and you are increasing the risk of injury to the younger, smaller kids not to mention it is just bad form. Why would your club director, coaches and the tournament put you in this position? Insist on doing the right thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS on the Crabs only having a few that were not affected by the age cut off. 2020 is full of holdbacks. The team that played at Beach Lax certainly isn't playing in Denver....

I call BS on the fact that you have any idea what you are talking about. There are no "holdbacks" in 7th grade. There are some kids that went to prefirst but only a few of them were born before the 5/1/2001 cutoff. Obviously you have no idea how this works. Kids aren't being held back until they have completed 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I call BS on the fact that you have any idea what you are talking about. There are no "holdbacks" in 7th grade. There are some kids that went to prefirst but only a few of them were born before the 5/1/2001 cutoff. Obviously you have no idea how this works. Kids aren't being held back until they have completed 8th grade.

No hold backs in 7th grade, but the issue now is the kids repeating 8th grade next year are now playing with 7th rising 8th graders this year (2020).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holding back is not done exclusively at 8th grade -- not at all. Some kids repeat 3rd grade, some at the beginning of middle school. It is usually done at the time a boy switches schools. In many cases, the decision to hold back is the impetus for switching schools.
It used to be the social stigma of being "left back" discouraged parents from doing this to their children. One would feel sorry for the kids who could not manage to keep up in school. It seems that among athletes' parents, that disadvantage is outweighed by the advantages. Nevertheless, the stigma is still there. It is just difficult for people inside the sports bubble to perceive, or easy for them to disregard. Holding back athletes does a disservice to true student-athletes, perpetuating the stereotype of the dumb jock.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Edge 2019 team that played in Albany was a team of 14 year old 8th graders (rising 9th graders). Parents confirmed it as did players on the field. That team played down a year (2020) in MD the next week. Edge parents, please don't try to spin it any other way. If that true 2019 Edge team played 91 or LIE 2019 teams, they would lose by 10+ goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holding back is not done exclusively at 8th grade -- not at all. Some kids repeat 3rd grade, some at the beginning of middle school. It is usually done at the time a boy switches schools. In many cases, the decision to hold back is the impetus for switching schools.
It used to be the social stigma of being "left back" discouraged parents from doing this to their children. One would feel sorry for the kids who could not manage to keep up in school. It seems that among athletes' parents, that disadvantage is outweighed by the advantages. Nevertheless, the stigma is still there. It is just difficult for people inside the sports bubble to perceive, or easy for them to disregard. Holding back athletes does a disservice to true student-athletes, perpetuating the stereotype of the dumb jock.

Nicely said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Edge 2019 team that played in Albany was a team of 14 year old 8th graders (rising 9th graders). Parents confirmed it as did players on the field. That team played down a year (2020) in MD the next week. Edge parents, please don't try to spin it any other way. If that true 2019 Edge team played 91 or LIE 2019 teams, they would lose by 10+ goals.

Based on what I've seen of them as a 2020 parent I'm more inclined to believe this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs 2020 team that played in NPYLL had holdbacks. I know kids on that team. The crabs 2020 team that played at Beach Lax most certainly had holdbacks - so - actually I do know what I am talking about.

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs 2020 team that played in NPYLL had holdbacks. I know kids on that team. The crabs 2020 team that played at Beach Lax most certainly had holdbacks - so - actually I do know what I am talking about.

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

My point is, kids that repeat grades in elementary school do so for academic reasons based on their test scores when they apply to these schools. I agree that the kids repeating 8th grade are taking advantage of the system. The NPYLL 2020 crabs do not have any kids that repeated a grade for lacrosse reasons. It was wrong what they did at Beach Lax. We'll see what happens in Denver

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

My point is, kids that repeat grades in elementary school do so for academic reasons based on their test scores when they apply to these schools. I agree that the kids repeating 8th grade are taking advantage of the system. The NPYLL 2020 crabs do not have any kids that repeated a grade for lacrosse reasons. It was wrong what they did at Beach Lax. We'll see what happens in Denver

if kids repeat a grade for academic reasons they shouldn't be playing against kids who are a year younger. The NPYLL 2020 players who repeated a grade for academic reasons should be playing 2019!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

Oh yea, well nanny nanny boo boo, stick your head in doo doo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs 2020 team that played in the spring is full of kids that are 2019 aged but have already been held back for one reason or another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

if kids repeat a grade for academic reasons they shouldn't be playing against kids who are a year younger. The NPYLL 2020 players who repeated a grade for academic reasons should be playing 2019!

That makes no sense. Why would they play 2019 when they graduate in 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^^^^What???^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

because they are a year older than a true 2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The crabs 2020 team that played in NPYLL had holdbacks. I know kids on that team. The crabs 2020 team that played at Beach Lax most certainly had holdbacks - so - actually I do know what I am talking about.

Crabs cheat. Its a fact.

because they are a year older than a true 2020

How much longer will you imbeciles go round and round? Idiotic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If they are in the class of 2020, they can play for a 2020 team.

No rules are being broken. Get some new panties.

Like Reply Quote
Page 45 of 128 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard