BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,292
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 28 of 55 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 54 55
Re: Boys 2020 fall 2015 and spring 2016
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When 99% of Long Island roots for your team to lose to a team from Maryland it's prob time to start thinking about the problem

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How's it going at the beach

Crush is blowing out teams as usual. Will most likely vs. Crabs later today for championship

Good luck boys win with class and spirit!

They had two players ejected for fighting, I think that takes class out of the equation.

Luckily they are deep with talent and didn't miss a beat without their "keys".

You were saying...

Full team for championship. No excuses, however it will be interesting to see the teams play each other in a couple weeks when birth certificates need to be produced!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Size and athleticism catches up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the complaining about "kids that are too old" will begin in 3, 2, 1...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs goalie and fca goalie played awesome this weekend as well as the big attackman from 91

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush lost in overtime to the Crabs, will meet again in Colorado. Will be interesting to see if its the same team of 6 footers.

Crush has been playing with hold backs since their inception. They played another great team with hold backs and lost.

Well, All Crush players qualify for the World Series of Lacrosse 2020 Colorabo, via birth certificate, should be another close game if we can say the same for Crabs. Will be a great rematch!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Size and athleticism catches up.

Don't all athletic boys grow? Don't quite get your point?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Age makes a big difference too... congratulations to the champions! Great game, I am sure it will be again in Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a lot of respect for Crush and was suprised to see the score, given Crabs beat Breakers 6-5 after Crush beat Breakers 9-1.

JS just tweeted "Note to kid laxers if your a 2018 and play 2020 DONT post it on your Instagram. That would be cheating"

And I thought my little town had lax drama!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every dynasty comes to an end eventually

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The crabs goalie and fca goalie played awesome this weekend as well as the big attackman from 91

Opinion on face offs for tournament? Who were good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a lot of respect for Crush and was suprised to see the score, given Crabs beat Breakers 6-5 after Crush beat Breakers 9-1.

JS just tweeted "Note to kid laxers if your a 2018 and play 2020 DONT post it on your Instagram. That would be cheating"

That is funny... everyone knew they were reclassed, some 1 yr, some 2 years older-it was openly talked about, but it is what it is, that is their 2020 team now and it is the way the Crabs do it. You just have to play your best game. In a few years when true 2020 kids go through puberty it will not be an advantage to those that reclassed. In the mean time- all the true 2020 play hard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Aloha let that 91 kid play in the final? If so they should be ashamed. He punched a kid square in the face. Should have never seen the field again.

So what's a better lesson to teach kids? Letting older kids play down or letting 91 have their full team for the Final?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's it going at the beach

Crush is blowing out teams as usual. Will most likely vs. Crabs later today for championship

Good luck boys win with class and spirit!

Does class and spirit include two of their players being suspended from tourney? One for throwing his gloves to the ground and punching an opposing player and the other giving the f bomb to a referee? Very classy and definitely the team we have come to expect. Too bad because they could have said the Crabs were being bad sports by bringing 5 unrostered players down from their 2019 team to add to a team already loaded with holdbacks but instead both teams embarrassed and brought the sport to the gutter this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all were pretty much even and all won their fair share but if a team got up by 4 there was no face off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did JS check what 2018 kids posted on Instagram from his car on the way home?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush lost in overtime to the Crabs, will meet again in Colorado. Will be interesting to see if its the same team of 6 footers.

Crabs will probably have to leave at least 6 of those "men" home but a bigger question is can Crush make it off their flight without starting a brawl that TSA will need to detain them and they will miss their games?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When 99% of Long Island roots for your team to lose to a team from Maryland it's prob time to start thinking about the problem

When other 91 coaches, directors and probably the coach's brother roots for your team to lose from a team from Maryland it's even more telling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Except that the FCA goalie is their 2019 goalie guest appearing with the 2020 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Aloha let that 91 kid play in the final? If so they should be ashamed. He punched a kid square in the face. Should have never seen the field again.

So what's a better lesson to teach kids? Letting older kids play down or letting 91 have their full team for the Final?
there was no punch to the face as you claim, but, as per tournament rules, 2 crush players were thrown out of that game and withheld from the next game, both boys were defending a teammate who was brutally hit and not being allowed back up by an opposing player and were not just starting trouble. There was only pushing from both teams and no punches thrown from either side. You should tell the whole story not just what you want people to think of a team you dislike, it's people like you who look to make 12 year olds look like thugs that disgust me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series has 5/1 cutoff. Should be 7/1 in my view, but at least they will enforce.

PS - Punched square in face, meaning in the front of the helmet? Or was this off the field with no helmet? Difference between out of game and out of tournament, in my view, although always depends on the circumstances. I've seen some pretty nice kids take baseball swings with their sticks at the opponents midriffs when then got frustrated and only get 3m non-releasable (a gift).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all were pretty much even and all won their fair share but if a team got up by 4 there was no face off

Even, not! Although certain Kids were clearly dominant it didn't show till the second day when they were not stifled by rules that should not exist at this age group. Loved watching 6 ft tall kids getting smoked by the little ones!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You really think that... Did you notice how short he was? hahahaha

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series has 5/1 cutoff. Should be 7/1 in my view, but at least they will enforce.

PS - Punched square in face, meaning in the front of the helmet? Or was this off the field with no helmet? Difference between out of game and out of tournament, in my view, although always depends on the circumstances. I've seen some pretty nice kids take baseball swings with their sticks at the opponents midriffs when then got frustrated and only get 3m non-releasable (a gift).

5/1 cutoff when New [lacrosse] has a 12/1 cutoff for 2020. Why call it a 2020 tournament when the cutoff date is more than half a year away from a primary state's cutoff?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there was no punch to the face as you claim, but, as per tournament rules, 2 crush players were thrown out of that game and withheld from the next game, both boys were defending a teammate who was brutally hit and not being allowed back up by an opposing player and were not just starting trouble. There was only pushing from both teams and no punches thrown from either side. You should tell the whole story not just what you want people to think of a team you dislike, it's people like you who look to make 12 year olds look like thugs that disgust me.

You're kidding, right? The kid that got kicked out got cross checked as he scored. He immediately turned around and punched the kid in the face. Yes, the kid had his helmet on. How does that change anything? The other 91 kid then followed that up by cross checking the same kid from behind. Don't come on here and lie. 91 had at least 2 dads video taping the game. Post it if you think your inaccurate view of events applies.

You morons love to talk about how the Crabs are teaching their kids wrong life lessons, and you're right. But somehow when the "rules" fit your situation you somehow forget the life lessons. Any coach concerned about developing young men would have sat the kid for the rest of the tournament regardless of rules. That was shameful. You're shameful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I root for them. They should be celebrated for their teamwork and work ethic. I point them out to my son whenever I can as an example of what hard work results in.

Last edited by The Hop; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of how/when he found it-he is right. My guess is a Maryland parent shared it with him as Crabs have embarrassed Maryland this weekend with blatant roster loading.

Easy to find the info. One player brought down to play 2020 with Crabs is listed in a private school 8th grade graduating class list and one forgot to change his recruiting profile page from 2019 to 2020 and is listed on another 8th grade private school graduating list. Not hard to find the info out there. Technically they are not 2020s yet as most of the 2020 teams are still in school attending 7th grade classes. Next year they can be fully embarrassed by having pre-1st years and holding back in 8th grade and try to look their opponents in the eye knowing they have manipulated the system. Shame on the parents and the organization.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Regardless of how/when he found it-he is right. My guess is a Maryland parent shared it with him as Crabs have embarrassed Maryland this weekend with blatant roster loading.

Easy to find the info. One player brought down to play 2020 with Crabs is listed in a private school 8th grade graduating class list and one forgot to change his recruiting profile page from 2019 to 2020 and is listed on another 8th grade private school graduating list. Not hard to find the info out there. Technically they are not 2020s yet as most of the 2020 teams are still in school attending 7th grade classes. Next year they can be fully embarrassed by having pre-1st years and holding back in 8th grade and try to look their opponents in the eye knowing they have manipulated the system. Shame on the parents and the organization.

Love it. Even the mighty crush are fading with reality of reclass.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I root for them, you jealous [lacrosse]. They should be celebrated for their teamwork and work ethic. I point them out to my son whenever I can as an example of what hard work results in.

LOL! Only result here is that hold backs always win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The crabs goalie and fca goalie played awesome this weekend as well as the big attackman from 91

Except that the FCA goalie is their 2019 goalie guest appearing with the 2020 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So having many players that were held back early on your team like Crush has is ok, until they lose to team that has late hold backs on their team. Too funny!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you notice how he smoked kids twice his size, hee hee. Pretty embarrassing for the holdback!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5/1 cutoff when New [lacrosse] has a 12/1 cutoff for 2020. Why call it a 2020 tournament when the cutoff date is more than half a year away from a primary state's cutoff?

lol, are you saying that since NY has a cutoff of 12/1 a tournament that invites a team from NY should go with that cutoff? You are funny! Most of the country have cutoffs of 9/1 and it is very common for boys with summer birthdays to start K when they just turned 6, instead of starting as a young 5 year old. NY is totally in the minority with the 12/1 cutoff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so fast, it was an overtime loss. Next meeting will reveal the true champion. Can't wait to watch live on tv!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So having many players that were held back early on your team like Crush has is ok, until they lose to team that has late hold backs on their team. Too funny!

The same kids rostered on Crush' 2020 team will be going to Denver as age appropriate. At least 8 of the kids who played for Crabs 2020 this weekend at Beach Lax do not make the generous age cut off. They are pre 1st holdbacks and 8th grade holdbacks. In fact, several of their regular 2020 NYPLL roster do not make he age cut off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same kids rostered on Crush' 2020 team will be going to Denver as age appropriate. At least 8 of the kids who played for Crabs 2020 this weekend at Beach Lax do not make the generous age cut off. They are pre 1st holdbacks and 8th grade holdbacks. In fact, several of their regular 2020 NYPLL roster do not make he age cut off.

If you factor in that NY cut off is 12//1 you will find many holdbacks on LI teams actually qualify for appropriate grade level in PA and MD. These kids in LI would not and should not be considered holdbacks unless they fall outside of the other states with earlier cut off dates. Having an Oct or Nov birthday woukd actually still make a kid young compared to Crab rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There is no reAlity of holdbacks except to the idiot parents allowing their children to learn that academics are secondary to sports. The parents who are working hard to build morals in their children are being undercut by parents willing to put sports in front of academics. The majority of these holdback kids had grades that were above average yet their parents justify having them repeat grades. No glory in those wins. No reality of real life either. As others have said, just sad for the child and the parents who can not see what message they are sending.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know many are happy to see Crush lose. They have nothing to be ashamed of, and fought a great game that could have gone either way. The bigger issue here is the cheating. All of the great top LI teams that play fair will have to deal with this. It is time to demand age regulation. Teams like Crush can still be competitive with the cheating holdbacks, but what about some of the other very good teams. Just not a true competition for either team. If you chose to play up, that is one thing, otherwise, it is not in the spirit of fair competition.Sad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reality is that even with players brought down from 2019, Crabs had to win in overtime to two age appropriate teams. Pretty embarrassing when they brought a whole crew of 6''1" 180 pounds kids in to join already older kids and then need OT to win against the average size 13 year olds on Breakers and Crush.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must have a tremendous amount of free time, and your detailed knowledge about these boys is borderline disturbing.

Page 28 of 55 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 54 55

Link Copied to Clipboard