BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 78 of 83 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to pick Mt. Sinai since they always seem to hide and avoid playing any good teams. Look at their schedule especially non-conference they never challenge themselves. The only good team they played, they lost to. They seem more interested in padding their record. CSH as other Nassau conference I teams, play hard teams all the time and play tough non-conference games,for that reason i say CSH in a close game.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hard to pick Mt. Sinai since they always seem to hide and avoid playing any good teams. Look at their schedule especially non-conference they never challenge themselves. The only good team they played, they lost to. They seem more interested in padding their record. CSH as other Nassau conference I teams, play hard teams all the time and play tough non-conference games,for that reason i say CSH in a close game.

Did you ever think possibly other teams do not want to play them, which I know is a fact concerning another team that was unbeaten going into playoffs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a typical Mt Cyanide answer, your right the Sufferns, Manhasset, GC and Dariens are all afraid of playing a mediocre team that cant beat St. Anthony's. BTW both Manhasset and GC beat them, GC by 7 goals, but you're right they are all afraid of playing them. Laxpower has a National Strength of Schedule Rating, Mt Sinai is ranked 42nd, do you know how hard you have to hide on LI to be ranked 42nd? All those other teams that are afraid of them are in the top ten, but off course you must be right you are after all from Mt. Sinai.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will give it a shot. West Islip should win the A's over Syosset. The A's in Nassau is the weakest by far in years. I also think the A's in Suffolk were pretty weak as well but they get the nod over Nassau this year. I see a Suffern vs West Genny state final.

Wantagh has to be the favorite in the B's and I see them winning but you cannot count out ESM with Giacolone in the goal. Just look at what Wantagh's goalie did against Manhasset. If the ESM goalie has 15 - 20 saves they could pull it off.

The C's I am up in the air. I have not seen Mt. Sinai but like a previous poster said their schedule is suspect because their OOC games are weak and basically non existent. CSH on the other hand played a very tough schedule. They played (3) OOC games in Maryland as well as Suffern a team currently playing for the state A title. Also remember they play in a power conference...their losses were legit games. I am going with CSH

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is thank goodness Set lost. For all of the nonsense that" they play the right way , look at the ball hog stat leaders ,you would never see that at SEt, Blah blah ". Got to watch them for the 2nd time in the championship game and will tell you the ball hogging is as bad if not worse on that team than any other .How many times does your superstar take an ill advised shot , the offense is run thru 2 kids ,with one of them shooting the ball every chance she gets.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the main player is a 2 time AA and on the U19 team...so yes, everything goes thru her. Did she take some bad shots? I would agree, but mainly towards the end when Manhasset was trying to make the comeback.

I was more disgusted in the coach of Manhasset. She spends the whole game screaming and whining at the ref's. During the second half she was basically on goal line extended yelling at the refs. It was even worse when her player was injured and she walked right by her to go after the ref's for calling her player for a charge...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with all you said especially about ill advised shots by a great player, but man that Wantagh goalie was on fire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is thank goodness Set lost. For all of the nonsense that" they play the right way , look at the ball hog stat leaders ,you would never see that at SEt, Blah blah ". Got to watch them for the 2nd time in the championship game and will tell you the ball hogging is as bad if not worse on that team than any other .How many times does your superstar take an ill advised shot , the offense is run thru 2 kids ,with one of them shooting the ball every chance she gets.

the discussion about ball hogging stats was in blow out games not competitive games where you need your best players to play their best. If you happy to see Manhasset lose then just say that without the frivolous reasoning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the main player is a 2 time AA and on the U19 team...so yes, everything goes thru her. Did she take some bad shots? I would agree, but mainly towards the end when Manhasset was trying to make the comeback.

I was more disgusted in the coach of Manhasset. She spends the whole game screaming and whining at the ref's. During the second half she was basically on goal line extended yelling at the refs. It was even worse when her player was injured and she walked right by her to go after the ref's for calling her player for a charge...

cant yell at kids..cant yell at refs..who can you yell at?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hiding? lol really? This years 2 out of conference games were St. A's and CBA, Perennial powerhouses. In recent past years it has been Wantaugh,GC and New Cannan. Section 11 only allows a limited amount of games for the season, in fact Sayville a few years ago had one too many and got excluded from the playoffs and the coach got dismissed! If you use your stupid logic, Mt Sinai should be better than Wantaugh,Set and GC because they beat CBA by a wider margin than Wantaugh. Mt Sinai had as hard a schedule as they can play in Suffolk. All that being said I think it will be a good game between CSH and MT Sinai.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game - 2nd half only - and sat a few rows up behind the Manhasset bench. I did not hear either Manhasset coach yelling at the refs at all. And the statement that the Manhasset coach or coaches walked by her injured player to go to the ref to complain is nonsense. The collision between those two girls heads took my breathe away with concern. Both coaches ran out to their players and rightfully so. I couldn't believe both girls came back in to the game afterwards. The impact of their hit was tremendous. Just saying too, a ref sitting in front of me (who I recognize by face since he's been the ref of many games my daughter has played in in multiple sports), voiced aloud that he couldn't believe the call wasn't for a charge smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impartial observer at the Nassau championship (rooting for Wantagh). Wantagh's defense and goalie play was incredible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the game - 2nd half only - and sat a few rows up behind the Manhasset bench. I did not hear either Manhasset coach yelling at the refs at all. And the statement that the Manhasset coach or coaches walked by her injured player to go to the ref to complain is nonsense. The collision between those two girls heads took my breathe away with concern. Both coaches ran out to their players and rightfully so. I couldn't believe both girls came back in to the game afterwards. The impact of their hit was tremendous. Just saying too, a ref sitting in front of me (who I recognize by face since he's been the ref of many games my daughter has played in in multiple sports), voiced aloud that he couldn't believe the call wasn't for a charge smile

The call was a charge on Manhasset. You have to be kidding with this response. DG was on the refs all game. She should of had a jersey on she was in the field so much. After the collision she argued the call. Everyone saw it - while both players were down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what a typical Mt Cyanide answer, your right the Sufferns, Manhasset, GC and Dariens are all afraid of playing a mediocre team that cant beat St. Anthony's. BTW both Manhasset and GC beat them, GC by 7 goals, but you're right they are all afraid of playing them. Laxpower has a National Strength of Schedule Rating, Mt Sinai is ranked 42nd, do you know how hard you have to hide on LI to be ranked 42nd? All those other teams that are afraid of them are in the top ten, but off course you must be right you are after all from Mt. Sinai.

Not from Mt. Sinai but did watch them play this year. The team is very good. They can only play 2 non conference games. They beat Christian bros academy and lost to St. Anthonys. Who else would you like to see them play? They can only play 16 regular season games. They had 14 conference games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was there and didn't see it. I saw both teams coaches tending to the two players whodunit illy looked as if they might be seriously injured. So, not everyone saw what you saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The call was a charge on Manhasset. You have to be kidding with this response. DG was on the refs all game. She should of had a jersey on she was in the field so much. After the collision she argued the call. Everyone saw it - while both players were down.
just watched the play again on MSG,at exactly 76:00 play stops and you see 3 'set coaches run to the down player, at 76:05 DG turns to the refs and says something then turns back to her girl that is being attended to by 2 coaches at 76:10, to 76:28 she again turns to the refs and says something but is done by 76:30 before the video hits 77:00 both girls are up so your complaining about one minuet Mrs. Quinn. The girl was well taken care of. I wonder why you don't say anything about only one Wantaugh coach attending to their player. As for the call, I watched it over and over in slow motion and i will say it was a tough call, The 'set player had just gained possession while in full stride and took 2 steps before the collision, the Wantaugh girl never went to play the ball and rather stepped in front of the 'set girl and just barley stopped her feet before the collision. the Wantaugh girl could/should have been called for blocking seeing as she wasn't in a set defensive position . but at full speed it's a tough call. Should have been a toss. Either way it would not have helped 'set wantaugh was the better team that night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just watched the play again on MSG,at exactly 76:00 play stops and you see 3 'set coaches run to the down player, at 76:05 DG turns to the refs and says something then turns back to her girl that is being attended to by 2 coaches at 76:10, to 76:28 she again turns to the refs and says something but is done by 76:30 before the video hits 77:00 both girls are up so your complaining about one minuet Mrs. Quinn. The girl was well taken care of. I wonder why you don't say anything about only one Wantaugh coach attending to their player. As for the call, I watched it over and over in slow motion and i will say it was a tough call, The 'set player had just gained possession while in full stride and took 2 steps before the collision, the Wantaugh girl never went to play the ball and rather stepped in front of the 'set girl and just barley stopped her feet before the collision. the Wantaugh girl could/should have been called for blocking seeing as she wasn't in a set defensive position . but at full speed it's a tough call. Should have been a toss. Either way it would not have helped 'set wantaugh was the better team that night

If you reviewed the game for this you need a life

User
User

This is a lacrosse thread and the poster researched and respectfully commented on a current discussion.

You my friend need to get some help with your life and shut your pie hole.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impartial observer at the Nassau championship (rooting for Wantagh). Wantagh's defense and goalie play was incredible.

The old saying goes, DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Nice seeing the defensive players getting some kudos!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe "Bald Bear" is tracking LI high school grads and how they are doing in college. Does anyone know where that thread is? I can't seem to find it. Thanks and sorry to interrupt the playoff talk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by The Hop

This is a lacrosse thread and the poster researched and respectfully commented on a current discussion.

You my friend need to get some help with your life and shut your pie hole.

You were so easy to hook

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow...Mt Sinai and CSH in 4th OT tied at 9

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mt Sinai 10 - CSH 9 in 4 OT's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did number 4 on Mt. Sinai do to her stick after she scored winning goal. It looked like she pulled strings. I can remember a player in college doing that after every goal. Did anyone else see that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did number 4 on Mt. Sinai do to her stick after she scored winning goal. It looked like she pulled strings. I can remember a player in college doing that after every goal. Did anyone else see that?
she stops celebrating fixes her strings and then again goes back to fix it...it's so obvious watch the replay on MSG Varsity

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

she stops celebrating fixes her strings and then again goes back to fix it...it's so obvious watch the replay on MSG Varsity

She's been doing that for years. SMH But as was said somewhere here on BOTC everyone cheats and it's okay if you don't get caught.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clean sweep for Suffolk girls. I guess they aren't as good as Nassau. They're better!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won A and B?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won A and B?
west Islip and ESM

User
User
Who won A and B?

West Islip and ESM join Mount Sinai as long island champions.

631 sweeps the LIC.

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Long Island lacrosse now goes through Suffolk county

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great crowd today for the LIC games ! I can't believe how some towns don't show up!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final Four in Class A same teams different matchups to reach the final, as last year 1200 West Genesse vs West Islip
And Suffern vs Pittsford at 1200. Good luck to all

User
User
Saw the smack on the boys thread about Nassau sweeping Suffolk.
Well.......in Girls, Suffolk swept Nassau. OUCH!!

Back of the Cage
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The downside to LI championships is that one of the two best teams in NY State has to stay home when they should compete at the States. P.S. Saw the MT Sinai CSH. Class C. One of the best , most exciting games I have seen. Both teams played hard. Unfortunately, one team had to lose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Esm v wantagh was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. The end of the first half wantagh has possession, esm goalie makes a great save with 8 seconds left then two "officials" add 8 more seconds when esm has possession? Please explain why you waited until then, especially when it was clear who you were rooting for. Changed the momentum of the game. End of the game wantagh girl is pushed in the back out of bounds and the ref awards the ball to esm. Watch the replay it is clear a foul. Icongrats to esm they were the better team last night. Wantagh will be back big next year, lots of jr and sophs. To be continued....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The downside to LI championships is that one of the two best teams in NY State has to stay home when they should compete at the States. P.S. Saw the MT Sinai CSH. Class C. One of the best , most exciting games I have seen. Both teams played hard. Unfortunately, one team had to lose

That is what makes winning the LIC so special to the kids!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Esm v wantagh was one of the worst officiated games I have ever seen. The end of the first half wantagh has possession, esm goalie makes a great save with 8 seconds left then two "officials" add 8 more seconds when esm has possession? Please explain why you waited until then, especially when it was clear who you were rooting for. Changed the momentum of the game. End of the game wantagh girl is pushed in the back out of bounds and the ref awards the ball to esm. Watch the replay it is clear a foul. Icongrats to esm they were the better team last night. Wantagh will be back big next year, lots of jr and sophs. To be continued....

Wantagh Parent: congrats to ESM they played a hard and fought for the Win. A lot of bad calls going both ways it's a shame when a Official not the players help decide the game. Good Luck in the States

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh Parent: congrats to ESM they played a hard and fought for the Win. A lot of bad calls going both ways it's a shame when a Official not the players help decide the game. Good Luck in the States

Watched all three games lots of bad calls or no calls in all three games. Sitting in front of the computer you see many things you do t generally see on sidelines...head shots, loose strings getting tightened, pushing, the refs can't be everywhere but they should be paying a little more attention those refs are supposed to be the top ones. Congrats to all who played yesterday for making it that far and good luck in states to those who won!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wantagh girls swinging sticks in the last 30 seconds of the game. No calls made, just bad sportsmanship.

Page 78 of 83 1 2 76 77 78 79 80 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard