BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guys who usually talk about size being the end all to be all are the ones whos kids have matured earlier and are bigger faster stronger at that time. Trust me the kid at 14 who is shaving have [lacrosse] of alot more testesterone going through them, and have a big advantage over a kid who really hasnt developed yet. Some of the better players who I played against in middle school were not the ones who were studs come 11th and 12th grade. They peaked early and when little johnnie caught up they couldnt handle being just mediocre.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The guys who usually talk about size being the end all to be all are the ones whos kids have matured earlier and are bigger faster stronger at that time. Trust me the kid at 14 who is shaving have [lacrosse] of alot more testesterone going through them, and have a big advantage over a kid who really hasnt developed yet. Some of the better players who I played against in middle school were not the ones who were studs come 11th and 12th grade. They peaked early and when little johnnie caught up they couldnt handle being just mediocre.

Look you all know that ultimately, bigger, faster, stronger is what the sport will look for as it gets out there to the rest of the world. It happens in all sports, it might take a while in Lax, but sooner or later, the quick 6' attackman will replace the quick 5'10" or 5" 8" one. it is just evolution. Get used to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look you all know that ultimately, bigger, faster, stronger is what the sport will look for as it gets out there to the rest of the world. It happens in all sports, it might take a while in Lax, but sooner or later, the quick 6' attackman will replace the quick 5'10" or 5" 8" one. it is just evolution. Get used to it.

Guess you have or all figured out. However if some of the shorter guys are out playing and out scoring their taller counterparts now, what makes you think this will change in the future. My son is an elite player of 6'1". He has played as a guest in many championship teams. I have observed at many of these events, noticibly short kids stealing the show. Being game changers. Stop with your nonsense. There will always be shorter players who Excell at this sport. See Teeawarten finalist lists. Allways some smaller kids there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you have or all figured out. However if some of the shorter guys are out playing and out scoring their taller counterparts now, what makes you think this will change in the future. My son is an elite player of 6'1". He has played as a guest in many championship teams. I have observed at many of these events, noticibly short kids stealing the show. Being game changers. Stop with your nonsense. There will always be shorter players who Excell at this sport. See Teeawarten finalist lists. Allways some smaller kids there.
True, there will always be some room for the smaller player, but the under 6' player only represents about a 1/4 of a teams roster. And those who are not the elite like the Rice or Kavanagh don't play as much. Mathias at Duke was #1 recruit his year. Is he the player that makes Duke go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those rosters are loaded with false heights and weights. Trust me people. I was given 2 inches and 10 lbs. I have met alot of division 1 lax players and they are not what their rosters say they are. Im 5'8' and i was 5'10" on all the rosters. Still happens people. Some supposedly 6 footers I met were more like 5'10"

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why do they do that? adding up to 5 inches to a players height.
for whom?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
same delusional insecure type who call sunday prospect camps being recruited

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of those rosters are loaded with false heights and weights. Trust me people. I was given 2 inches and 10 lbs. I have met alot of division 1 lax players and they are not what their rosters say they are. Im 5'8' and i was 5'10" on all the rosters. Still happens people. Some supposedly 6 footers I met were more like 5'10"

I was 6'1 185 and was listed as 6'1 185!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok maybe you were listed but dont tell me guys werent given height and weight? Im not insecure if you are referring to me. It is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right away you had to go with the napolean thing. You are an [lacrosse] my friend. Division 1 lax is not going away from the 5"6" attack who can score and run circles around your big kid who is 6'3" and cant turn on a dime like they can. Small attackman will always have a place in this game.Joey Sankey Matt kavanagh Connor Cook Jimmy Bitter Dylan Donahue Case Matheis I could keep on going and going.

Well said!

Annnnd.... the greatest attack to ever play the game by a wide margin is Lyle Thompson, who is 6 feet tall. Annnnnd the greatest Attack prior to Lyle was Gary Gait, who is 6'2". Not saying those small attacks aren't talented, but the BEST EVER are 6ft tall. It's no big deal, just the truth. Just so we are also on the same page, most of the best midfielders and defensemen of all time were and are taller than 6ft. As was stated before, the game on a whole is moving towards bigger stronger faster athletes. No one said exceptional smaller players won't have a place.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Right away you had to go with the napolean thing. You are an [lacrosse] my friend. Division 1 lax is not going away from the 5"6" attack who can score and run circles around your big kid who is 6'3" and cant turn on a dime like they can. Small attackman will always have a place in this game.Joey Sankey Matt kavanagh Connor Cook Jimmy Bitter Dylan Donahue Case Matheis I could keep on going and going.

Well said!

Annnnd.... the greatest attack to ever play the game by a wide margin is Lyle Thompson, who is 6 feet tall. Annnnnd the greatest Attack prior to Lyle was Gary Gait, who is 6'2". Not saying those small attacks aren't talented, but the BEST EVER are 6ft tall. It's no big deal, just the truth. Just so we are also on the same page, most of the best midfielders and defensemen of all time were and are taller than 6ft. As was stated before, the game on a whole is moving towards bigger stronger faster athletes. No one said exceptional smaller players won't have a place.
Just make sure to take your PED's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gary Gait played middie. Get your facts straight. The best attackmen on those syracuse teams was Zulburti. Gary and Paul were middies.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gary Gait played middie. Get your facts straight. The best attackmen on those syracuse teams was Zulburti. Gary and Paul were middies.

Sorry, he played both. And when he did air Gait he came from behind the cage as an attack. Something a 5'6" attack could never do, and that's a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, he played both. And when he did air Gait he came from behind the cage as an attack. Something a 5'6" attack could never do, and that's a fact.

Didn't Spud Webb play lacrosse? ;P

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You called him the greatest attackman. Wrong. He was aging middie when he did air gait. He inverted. Fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You called him the greatest attackman. Wrong. He was aging middie when he did air gait. He inverted. Fact.

He was a middie, but I would say aging is a stretch when speaking about a college player at the time

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still something a 5'6" attack has never done nor will ever do. Fact. The game is going towards BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER athletes. FACT. Try to dispute it all you want my vertically challenged friend, but that's the way it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still something a 5'6" attack has never done nor will ever do. Fact. The game is going towards BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER athletes. FACT. Try to dispute it all you want my vertically challenged friend, but that's the way it is.

A lot of these wealthy short unathletic dads don't want to see the writing on the wall that lacrosse like every other sport will be dominated at the top levels by bigger, stronger, faster athletes than in the past.

Extremely gifted smaller players will still have a place but there will be a very limited number of them like the small players in the NBA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you assume I'm short? I'm 6'3". I'm just questioning your knowledge of lacrosse. It's very hard to take you serious when you don't know what position the greatest lax player ever played.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
make sure to marry a very tall woman or your child will need two years of hold back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A lot of these wealthy short unathletic dads don't want to see the writing on the wall that lacrosse like every other sport will be dominated at the top levels by bigger, stronger, faster athletes than in the past.

Extremely gifted smaller players will still have a place but there will be a very limited number of them like the small players in the NBA.
Can't say whose dad is unathletic or not, that is a bit of a stretch but your argument about the bigger player now playing a bigger role in all positions isn't coming, it is already here - 2016's, which is a class that most people thought was all but closed to most D1 schools are still getting looks, these late bloomers who are now 6'1, 6'2, 6'3 have become an attractive segment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now all of the most athletic tall kids will leave Football and Basketball to play lacrosse?? Please! No career there, and nobody even carea about lacrosse except the parents of the players. Look at the Sayville lacrosse player who is now getting football offers. Do you really think there is any question what he will play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would you assume I'm short? I'm 6'3". I'm just questioning your knowledge of lacrosse. It's very hard to take you serious when you don't know what position the greatest lax player ever played.

My apologies oh great lax guru. You mean you wish you were 6'3". Now go polish your "elevator shoes". Gait was great, but Lyle Thompson would get my vote for best ever...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your vote means nothing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And your vote means nothing

You're angry little lax guru... I think I struck a nerve with the "elevator shoe" comment. oh well.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Sorry but Gait played both attack and middie. A lot of his goals came when the middies were inverted into the attack position and he used his size 6'2 to his advantage. No one is saying the smaller attackman is going to be obsolete. I love watching Wolf and Kavanagh play. Their speed and athleticism make them amazing players. Its just that bigger faster more athletic players are playing the sport more than ever before. I also don't think players are going to give up football to just play lacrosse but maybe the athlete who doesn't think they will be a pro football player will consider the opportunity to play lacrosse and get into a great school for the education. his is just my observation after being around the sport for over 35 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like quite a few Turtles have been selected to attend the Nike Ride, only two from LI last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like quite a few Turtles have been selected to attend the Nike Ride, only two from LI last year.

Where's the list of selected players for Nike Ride?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where's the list of selected players for Nike Ride?

It's being released on twitter if you follow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might wan to check that "only 2" at the door from the roster it seems there were 7

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You might wan to check that "only 2" at the door from the roster it seems there were 7

How many LI boys are attending this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So now all of the most athletic tall kids will leave Football and Basketball to play lacrosse?? Please! No career there, and nobody even carea about lacrosse except the parents of the players. Look at the Sayville lacrosse player who is now getting football offers. Do you really think there is any question what he will play?

People have been saying that the larger athletes are going to to dominate for years. The facts are stick skills and speed are the most important element in lacrosse. Stick Skills cannot be taught overnight. Small to Mid Size players with stick skills and speed will be around forever. There are many college coaches who think the smaller attackmen have an advantage over the larger poles. The best teams will have a wide variety of sizes on their team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People have been saying that the larger athletes are going to to dominate for years. The facts are stick skills and speed are the most important element in lacrosse. Stick Skills cannot be taught overnight. Small to Mid Size players with stick skills and speed will be around forever. There are many college coaches who think the smaller attackmen have an advantage over the larger poles. The best teams will have a wide variety of sizes on their team

You hold on to that, hold on tight...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke has 4 players listed at 5'8"
Denver has 6 players listed at 5'7" to 5"9
UND has 6 players listed from 5"6 to 5'9" two are 5'6"
UNC has 6 players listed from 5'5" to 5'9"

My son is 6' tall so I don't have a dog in this fight. I just get sick of idiots spouting off crap that they don't have a basis for. I don't know if college rosters add a few inches like HS ones sometimes do, but even if that isn't the case height isn't a limiting factor for lax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland has 8 under 5'9"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You hold on to that, hold on tight...

Another under 5'8" kid on my son'S team was just got recruited to a top 20. Seems like the coaches are just looking for the best lacrosse players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland has 36 kids 5"11 or bigger out of approximately 50 kids. The tend is moving towards the bigger kids. But just like in football there will always be smaller plays who can play a role.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke has 4 players listed at 5'8"
Denver has 6 players listed at 5'7" to 5"9
UND has 6 players listed from 5"6 to 5'9" two are 5'6"
UNC has 6 players listed from 5'5" to 5'9"

My son is 6' tall so I don't have a dog in this fight. I just get sick of idiots spouting off crap that they don't have a basis for. I don't know if college rosters add a few inches like HS ones sometimes do, but even if that isn't the case height isn't a limiting factor for lax.

Speaking of idiots... No one said you can't play the game at under 6 feet. Again, the game is heading in a direction of BIGGER, STONGER, FASTER Athletes, not my words... Coach of one the most prominent club programs in the country. Look at Jones, Perkovich and Schoonmaker... That is the trend in college lacrosse. To deny it is absurd. Good luck to your son. BTW, the UNC poster children for small attackmen got their asses handed to them by a BIGGER, STONGER, FASTER Maryland defense...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't followed Maryland much all year but of these 8 how many play significant minutes? If it's 4 then yes, the small player can still be a factor, but if Maryland's roster size is 50 or close to it, and 4 play significant minutes, then statistically speaking, the rosters are filling up with the bigger player. Coaches aren't ignoring the late bloomers any more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a silly back and forth. Sorry tall boy daddies jealous that your son was overlooked in favor of a shorter kid. Do you really think there is a majic height number that if not reached will boom a kids lax fate? Bottom line, if your kid can ball, he will be recruited and play regardless of up and coming so called "trends", etc. I know plenty of shorter kids that are hands down better players than taller counterparts as well as vice versa. Stop trying to create a controversy and let the best players play regardless of height. And comparing lax to football and basketball is rediculous!

Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard