BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,630
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 83 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 82 83
Re: Girls Spring 2014 High School Varsity Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nassau B conference is by far the strongest on LI and probably the state. Manhasset, GC & Wantagh are legit on a national level and North Shore is a very solid team as well. CSH will walk thru the Nassau C conference and if they meet Mt. Sinai for the LI C championship it should be a great game.

The Nassau A champion is up for grabs and a very weak conference. I think the Suffolk champ should be able to win that conference. Right now I would say either Middle Country or West Islip.

I do not know how smart the 6th grader is from CSH but I can tell you I went to that game last night and it was a barn burner. It was a game of goal streaks. Wantagh had a lead of 7 to 1 to start and 11 to 5 in the second half but the CSH pressure got to them but they held on...great game all around. I do not know how the CSH coach was out coached...I thought she made great adjustments to come back from being down big a couple of times.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any upsets today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
any upsets today?

No updates. everything is the same.

Nassau B is the best. CHS is really good in their league. Mt Sinai is top team in suffolk. Nassau A is not a tough league. Middle Country is strong, West Islip not very good and the rest of Suffolk A is very week. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, 7th 8th and 9th graders should not play varsity. Girls who score a lot of goals are ball hogs and travel parents are crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any upsets today?

Nassau B is the best. CHS is really good in their league. Mt Sinai is top team in suffolk. Nassau A is not a tough league. Middle Country is strong, West Islip not very good and the rest of Suffolk A is very week. Did I miss anything? Oh yeah, 7th 8th and 9th graders should not play varsity. Girls who score a lot of goals are ball hogs and travel parents are crazy.

You missed one thing , you are a loser with too much time on your hands

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any upsets today?

Lol best post of the week!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any upsets today?

I think you captured it all. Shut down the thread!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any upsets today?

Wow!

That was an intelligent reply.

Another thing that was missed is that there are many trolls on this forum. Now crawl back under your rock and get busy hating, bashing and name calling. The above post was an attempt at sarcasm in order to poke fun at all of us. I guess that you were too busy to figure that out.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
any upsets today?

Oh, c'mon, I thought it was a funny synopsis of the recent posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Smithtown East over Northport!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what happens when Northport runs the ball in only two players sticks.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's what happens when Northport runs the ball in only two players sticks.

It's not just Northport. Lots of teams letting a few kids rack up lots of points but they will be the teams eliminated from the playoff early. I think some coaches and parents would rather have an all American rather than a team championship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any experience/information on the USA lacrosse schoolgirls game? Is it a recruiting event? Is it worth trying out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any experience/information on the USA lacrosse schoolgirls game? Is it a recruiting event? Is it worth trying out?

yes, its worth trying out, and although most players selected will already be verbally committed, there are certainly college coaches in attendance at the games.
selection of the three teams May have a certain political bent to it.. if you beleive in that sort of stuff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes its a recruiting event. Yes its worth trying out, but you need your HS coach's recommendation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the big games today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the big games today?

Elmont V Freeport

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nassau B conference is by far the strongest on LI and probably the state. Manhasset, GC & Wantagh are legit on a national level and North Shore is a very solid team as well. CSH will walk thru the Nassau C conference and if they meet Mt. Sinai for the LI C championship it should be a great game.

The Nassau A champion is up for grabs and a very weak conference. I think the Suffolk champ should be able to win that conference. Right now I would say either Middle Country or West Islip.

I do not know how smart the 6th grader is from CSH but I can tell you I went to that game last night and it was a barn burner. It was a game of goal streaks. Wantagh had a lead of 7 to 1 to start and 11 to 5 in the second half but the CSH pressure got to them but they held on...great game all around. I do not know how the CSH coach was out coached...I thought she made great adjustments to come back from being down big a couple of times.

I was there too!! Great adjustments made all around. They even had the ball at the end for the tie. Well coached team!! Wantagh is great as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was there too!! Great adjustments made all around. They even had the ball at the end for the tie. Well coached team!! Wantagh is great as well.

Wantagh is very good this year across the board. What adjustments were made besides switching the goalies with 7 minutes to go? I'm sorry but we must have been watching two different games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH coach did not switch goalies until 7 minutes left in the game. No idea why she doesn't play her other goalie more, who is committed to BC. Other CSH goalie is very good, but when she's off (which she was in the Wantagh game, barely making a save in the first half and granted she was not getting much help from the D), switches need to be made. CSH coach makes no adjustments. She's a coach who got lucky by having a group of stud athletes who were taught how to play by other people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that CSH coach will never get fired because she's buddy buddy with the AD. Apparently calls him "Uncle Mikey" in front of people. So inappropriate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you CSH parents have major issues with the coach. I have also heard bad things, but thought she was getting better? Rumor was the she got a talking to from the school board after a bunch of people complained. Any truth to this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought CSH started the game in a straight up man defense and Wantagh came out firing. I thought they switched to a backer zone with a lot of double pressure and that seemed to slow Wantagh down...also the yellow cards hurt Wantagh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH never played a backer D. Learn the game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the CSH Asst's? Anyone ready to take over?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on in Farmingdale? Nice win for GC today!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The coaching in Farmingdale isn't good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Farmingdale: You can't always blame it ALL on a coach. If you don't have much to work with its hard to compete against teams that are more athletic AND have skill. Athleticism is a huge factor … Some years you have it, some you don't.
However, if your deficiencies on the field are because the coach is showcasing players who are not really the players that should be on the field because those players play (and pay) for a particular club with whom the coach is affiliated… then you CAN blame the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not have a daughter on varsity lax team but saw Farmingdale play against comparable level team. Game went back and forth. Defense a bit loose at times. Draws weren't won consistently. Doesn't farmingdale have a lot of players committed to D1 programs? Are most starters yellow jacket members? Maybe mix things up a little with more subbing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CSH never played a backer D. Learn the game

Did your 6th grader tell you that?

Again, I said I thought they went to a backer defense because any time Wantagh approached the 8 meter with the ball it looked like CSH would double which is what you see in most Backer zone defenses. This was happening down by the cage as well when one of the attack tried to come around. CSH would double right away. I thought the backer was the same girl...I could be wrong, sorry

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Farmingdale: You can't always blame it ALL on a coach. If you don't have much to work with its hard to compete against teams that are more athletic AND have skill. Athleticism is a huge factor … Some years you have it, some you don't.
However, if your deficiencies on the field are because the coach is showcasing players who are not really the players that should be on the field because those players play (and pay) for a particular club with whom the coach is affiliated… then you CAN blame the coach.

So a conflict of interest with YJ's? interesting. It also shows that almost anyone could coach the yellow jacket top teams because it's not about the coaching but the talented players that they attract. ON a down talent year at Farmingdale she is doing nothing as a coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you CSH parents have major issues with the coach. I have also heard bad things, but thought she was getting better? Rumor was the she got a talking to from the school board after a bunch of people complained. Any truth to this?

Sounds to me like some parents want there coach from club to take over ( oh yeah he lives in this district ) I have heard some bad things about him as well , something to do with the SEC . Be careful what you wish for!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing to me that when a coach is successful you all come on here and say anyone could coach that team they are loaded with talent but when the same coach has a team that does not do well its the coaches fault.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's is not what it used to be… losing to GC 12-5 is a indicator … can not wait for their match up with SHA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds to me like some parents want there coach from club to take over ( oh yeah he lives in this district ) I have heard some bad things about him as well , something to do with the SEC . Be careful what you wish for!

I have not seen a CSH varsity game, but the coach is now working with my daughter for the third year as a club team coach and she has been fantastic. Encouraging to the young girls, respective to the players and parents and focused on their development. Most impressive during these younger years was very balanced playing time across the board and not a win at all cost focus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing to me that when a coach is successful you all come on here and say anyone could coach that team they are loaded with talent but when the same coach has a team that does not do well its the coaches fault.

The opposite happens too. Coach of 2020 TG black was applauded for coaching a loaded team. Its all how you spin it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tracy and Carol are over hyped. They are good coaches that usually have great players. If you can recruit the best players you don't need to be the best coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St. Anthony's is not what it used to be… losing to GC 12-5 is a indicator … can not wait for their match up with SHA.

It's funny on another website a Friar parent is boasting they are loaded and there is no drop off from prior years. If you only play 3-4 good teams a year you really need to beat them. Not the same program it once was. Go SHA!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SHA's stock on the rise… new field… will keep those Nassau girls now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of talented girls at SHA however they will not beat the good teams unless the coach improves her substitution patterns. Great players can only play great when well rested. why not use your bench when you have one ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am an avid reader of the BOTC. I am constantly reading people talk about some 7th grader being the best girl in the County and the Manhasset girls being amazing etc... Not to take anything away from those girls, but they can learn a lot from a young lady who I watched play last night. This young lady, Katie Hoeg, from small town Mattituck is the epitome of a well rounded, productive, unselfish, team oriented lacrosse player. She is so enjoyable to watch and UNC is lucky to be getting her. She makes everybody on her team a better player. Kudos to her parents!!

Page 62 of 83 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 82 83

Link Copied to Clipboard