BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2014/Summer 2015
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FACT - 91 extreme was going to a game in Philly and the tournament gave the wrong address and 91 Extreme got LOST on way to the game. Yet another LOSS for that directionally challenged team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverik Showtime: Does anyone know if they have an admin who answers emails in this off season?

Sent an email to the contact addrees off the website weeks ago.
Have not heard back yet. Curious to know if it was ignored or just not gotten to yet.

Has anyone, other than the showcase invite email, gotten in touch with them and had a response????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can everyone rank their top 5 or 10 2018 club teams from what they have seen over the last couple of years?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can everyone rank their top 5 or 10 2018 club teams from what they have seen over the last couple of years?

Hard to rank but this is a list of the top 2018s. List below are teams that I've seen play against each other and they are, most of the times, close.

91Extreme
Express Terps
HHH Duke
SweetLax
Crabs
FCA
Express North
Tomahawks
3D National
West Coast Stars
Brady's Bunch
Madlax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
J
You wanna see who the real talent is. Watch the rising sophmores game between Nassau and Suffolk at the end of the school year.There you will see the real talent of 2018.No politics,just pure talent.

Heck, why not just go watch 91Extreme vs LI Express Team 1.

Please! Take it down a notch. So many other kids out there just as good as the best on those teams....

SO many kids in suffolk and nassau as good as those kids? Really? How many is so many...

5 or 6 kids on most other A teams just as good as ,and better than back end of either of those rosters.

What A teams are you talking about here on LI? If you said crabs and dukes...I would agree. So before I comment, share all those A teams with 5 or 6 kids better than the "back end" extreme and terps. Just silly...Maybe you are thinking 1 or 2...

Did your son get cut?

I agree that Xtreme and Terps have probably been the 2 most accomplished teams in the 2018 class, but TLI is not far behind. They have beaten both teams and always play both teams to a close game. They have also beaten Jesters , outlaws, fl$ etc.. easily. They have plenty of 2018 kids who are on par with Xtreme and Terps kids. To say that their top kids should not be in the conversation or not as good as the back of their rosters is ridiculous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
extreme, crabs, dukes, terps --fifth spot up for grabs. NH tomahaks always good and express north always good...

Not including national teams like madlax national, fca national...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maverik Showtime: Does anyone know if they have an admin who answers emails in this off season?

Sent an email to the contact addrees off the website weeks ago.
Have not heard back yet. Curious to know if it was ignored or just not gotten to yet.

Has anyone, other than the showcase invite email, gotten in touch with them and had a response????

showtimelax@gmail.com - I got reply's right away but hey, my kid plays for Xtreme and they know they are lucky to have any player from a team that has only lost 3 games in the last three years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI is very good. the issue continues to be, that they have 2017 kids on the team. They intestinally play by different rules so they can't be compared. They are not a true 2018 team, and cant be in same conversation. The individual players who actually are 2018 can!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hard to rank but this is a list of the top 2018s. List below are teams that I've seen play against each other and they are, most of the times, close.

91Extreme
Express Terps
HHH Duke
SweetLax
Crabs
FCA
Express North
Tomahawks
3D National
West Coast Stars
Brady's Bunch
Madlax
Texas Mustangs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team LI is very good. the issue continues to be, that they have 2017 kids on the team. They intestinally play by different rules so they can't be compared. They are not a true 2018 team, and cant be in same conversation. The individual players who actually are 2018 can!

FYI . Last year TLI had 2 2017 kids. This year there isn't any! You can put them in the conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so why was it OK to play in 2018 brackets last year? Why would any HS player want to play down in 8th grade divisions?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

REALLY?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they only played in tournaments that were 2017 or approved by the tournament director.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

FYI . Last year TLI had 2 2017 kids. This year there isn't any! You can put them in the conversation.

if they did in fact play with only 2018 players this fall lets have the conversation, what fall tournaments did they play in and how did they do? who did they play?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

REALLY?

stop yelling - and yes really, what don't you agree with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

if they did in fact play with only 2018 players this fall lets

have the conversation, what fall tournaments did they play in

and how did they do? who did they play?

I'm not sure if they played in the fall. I just know that they only took 2018's on the team after the tryout in the summer. I was told they only had 1 2017 who started last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

2018 FCA Baltimore will have a good laugh at your list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

Doesn't FCA just put teams together one tourney at a time? With kids from multiple teams? I remember some LI kids play in one tournament for FCA -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

REALLY?

91 orange??? Really ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

I think we should stick with just naming that 10 or so teams that can compete in this age group, ranking makes no sense, especially the person who provided this ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly . kind of a silly thing for some parent to rank teams. as if they have seen and analyzed all of these teams...please...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

I do believe they traded wins with Crabs and 91 last year...they are a top 5 team no doubt

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

I do believe they traded wins with Crabs and 91 last year...they are a top 5 team no doubt

That was not FCA Baltimore, that was the FCA Nationals Team, which by the way, Terps also beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

That was not FCA Baltimore, that was the FCA Nationals Team, which by the way, Terps also beat.

You, sir, are wrong. Terps never beat them, it was a combination of LI Express 2018 C, B, and Terps and yes it was the FCA National Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen every team play on this list over the past few years. I think they all deserve some merit and ranking them is tough. I think there are a few teams that should be on it like Sweet Lax Platinum Laxachusetes Black, WCS, Team Texas, and Jesters Black, just to name a few. Things will be shaken up this summer with the re-classes now playing a year down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

You are missing Leading Edge who beat many of the teams on the list this Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

Laxachusetts is top 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

Laxachusetts is top 5

Leading edge and LaxachusettS? You couldn't find 5 kids born in 2000 on both rosters combined! And I bet you a bunch of 98's on both as well!

Have played both teams and parents will actually tell you on sidelines.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

Laxachusetts is top 5

Leading edge and LaxachusettS? You couldn't find 5 kids born in 2000 on both rosters combined! And I bet you a bunch of 98's on both as well!

OK! Let's not start this age thing.. again, and stay with just the fact that this is ASSuming teams playing in the 2018 category.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone received the "USA TODAY Sports Great State Showdown" tryout invite for the Lower New [lacrosse] Region? I believe it is invite only and that it is limited to what they consider to be the top 50 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 - NH Tomahawks
2 - Extreme
3 - Crabs
4 - Terps
5 - Dukes
6 - WCS
7 - Express No.
8 - Madlax
9 - 91 orange
10 - VLC

Laxachusetts is top 5

Absolutely 100% true! I wonder how these teams as well as Dukes, Crabs, FCA and others would fair against other teams from LI with mostly 99's and 98's. Ya know, like just about any LI 2017 team. I think we all know how that would play out. Please, can't have the age discussion again on this thread. We all know the deal. Not one of these teams could beat or compete the top 2018 LI teams without their holdbacks/double holdbacks and re-class kids. Just shake your head and move on. Nothing will change until this all goes age based, until then it's a joke to compare these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely 100% true! I wonder how these teams as well as Dukes, Crabs, FCA and others would fair against other teams from LI with mostly 99's and 98's. Ya know, like just about any LI 2017 team. I think we all know how that would play out. Please, can't have the age discussion again on this thread. We all know the deal. Not one of these teams could beat or compete the top 2018 LI teams without their holdbacks/double holdbacks and re-class kids. Just shake your head and move on. Nothing will change until this all goes age based, until then it's a joke to compare these teams.

This is very Fox News of you to make all your arguments and then say we can't have this discussion again. Unless the creators tell us otherwise 2018 is a grade based thread not an age based thread so unless somebody wants to start a birth year 2000 thread we need to discuss kids and teams graduating HS in 2018.

now you can stop the discussion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone received the "USA TODAY Sports Great State Showdown" tryout invite for the Lower New [lacrosse] Region? I believe it is invite only and that it is limited to what they consider to be the top 50 players.

Yes, my son received an invite yesterday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is very Fox News of you to make all your arguments and then say we can't have this discussion again. Unless the creators tell us otherwise 2018 is a grade based thread not an age based thread so unless somebody wants to start a birth year 2000 thread we need to discuss kids and teams graduating HS in 2018.

now you can stop the discussion

Couldn't agree more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
google it and find out where you can try out. you don't need to be invited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the LI Birth Date ranges for a "True" 2018 player?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
google it and find out where you can try out. you don't need to be invited.

what are you referring to?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

11/99 - 10/2000

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a "true" 2018 is a child currently registered in 9th grade that is scheduled to graduate high school in the spring of 2018. The "Normal" birth date would depend on the individual school districts cut off date, as far as I know most are December 1st but many, many kids that are born after September first start a year later - this is boys and girl, athletes and non athletes. In My school district the cut off date is December first so a child born on or after 12/1/1999 and on or before 11/20/2000 would be a "normal" 2018.

US Lacrosse has set the cut off date as September 1st for their U based tournaments so under that guide a "Normal" 2018 would be born between 9/1/1999 and 11/30/2000.

No right answer to your question but circling back IMHO - a "true" 2018 is a child currently registered in 9th grade that is scheduled to graduate high school in the spring of 2018.

If you had a non lacrosse playing kid that was born 3/13/1999 as a premature birth with development issues and the parents decided to delay school for a year and that kid is in 9th grade they are a 2018 and if you had a kid lacrosse player that was born 11/30/1998 and then decided to repeat 8th grade and is now in 9th grade I would still consider him a "TRUE" 2018 because he is scheduled to graduate high school in 2018. I am not saying I like it or that it is fair, what I am saying is he is a 2018

Page 41 of 52 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard