Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kindly don't consider me a troll coming over from the 2017 thread, but a question to this thread. Are your early committed kids happy and stable with their choices? There has been more than a few 2015 verbal commits de-committing.

Been hearing some rumblings. Sends a very bad message. If you make a commitment, you need to stick to it. There are certain reasons I could see like maybey you commit to an Ivy, and your grades suck, otherwise, it is not a descision to take lightly. It's like getting a divorce. St. Anthonies kid decommitted today from Ohio State for no reason. That makes him look terrible!

Pandoras box has been opened and by result of college coaches pushing the commitment earlier and earlier the decommit becomes a tool for the buyer. In this case the rising soph or jr that has a change of heart. Can you blame a 14,15 or 16 yo? My bet is this kid will have a half dozen offers by Friday.

He must have already had another better situation in hand otherwise all of the top-tier (academic or lax) programs are pretty much full with 2015s. Who knows, maybe he decided he'd rather be a 4 year starting stud in D3.