LI dad here. The way it worked on LI was like this. They asked coaches from 91, Igloo, Express and Outlaws to run the evaluations and coach the team. Having representation from the more successful outfits brought in more kids and made sure it wasn't just Bandits (though I think a lot of the Bandits made it). The taken at the tryout was impressive. Everyone there was a great lacrosse player. I'm sure you guys will be the same. It'll be good to see our teams meet in the final smile
[/quote]

Let me go a little further. Yes there was a lot of talent at the tryout - and that's the point. The only kids chosen were from Bandits and Express (to be clear they have 3 or 4 stars on each team that should make the team. All of the rest of the kids are no better than kids on other teams). But, in the huddle after the tryout the coach told the parents that they had been looking at film of players who weren't at the tryout. Are you kidding me? Who has a ton of film of their 6th grader? (Would had to have been taped in 5th grade). STOP! The tryout was the day before Easter which on LI is vacation week so certain kids were on vacation and missed the tryout. But they made the team anyway w/o trying out. Also, who knew you could just send in tape of your son and not go to the tryout? It doesn't say that anywhere on the website. I think for $185 the tryout should be fair.

Buyer beware - the LI tryout was total BS. A complete money grab. This event is run by 90+1 - a sc5mb8g organization on LI. Please be careful.