Originally Posted by Anonymous
Usually true. Not in this age group. ME has never lost to the group you put them in. But all on here are correct, they don't get to play a lot against the better competition. If they did regularly, it would make them better. Wish they could.

Nice try - ME finally decided to venture out for a competitive tournament and lost to Heros 7-3 and Sky Walkers 9-6 at the G8 last summer.

Nice try. Heros and Skywalkers both had 5 subs on the bench. ME 11 and rotated evenly.

And this about right for both Hero's and Sky Walkers - 5 subs and a goalie on the bench. And they also rotated evenly. What's your point? Dance with who you bring to the dance? IF the 11 ME players are not up to par - take it up with your club. In Maryland - looks like they just take the girls that belong on that team. And in Maryland they also do not have the luxury of pulling players from such a large area - there are just too many clubs competing for the talent.
I guess you are the dad that has his roster with him on the sideline and stopwatch - to make sure that his girl gets equal playing time. In Maryland that equal playing time thing ended in rec ball - in club - they earn their playing time.
That was such a lame excuse. Next year at G8 bring only the players that should be playing and leave the excuses at home.

not an excuse, just a fact. Wish we would. Not how the program is run. But ultimately they do a great job preparing the girls and they have a good time. They would win more if they did as you suggest. Have a great day!