BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,660
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
MARYLAND FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys High School Anonymous 5 hours ago
And LB left their “Star” attackman in the game until the middle of the 4th quarter so he could pad his stats!!
Definitely daddy’s influence over the OC. Lots of bad apples on the sidelines at Blakefield.
12,931 3,358,580 more...
BOTC MAIN FORUM (LI, CT, WC) Jump to new posts
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse Anonymous 6 hours ago
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wednesday’s Marquee:

Garden City at Pleasantville: Most likely GC
Mamaroneck at Lakeland/Panas: Mamo
Pelham at Somers: Somers, by 5
Cold Spring Harbor at Yorktown: CSH, by 6

The rest

Haldane at Rye Neck: H by 8
Yonkers at Keio: K
Bronxville at Albertus Magnus: Brnxv, by a lot
Irvington at Edgemont: Irv
Pawling at Dobbs Ferry Dobbs
North Rockland at White Plains S/B WP
Eastchester at Rye: Rye, why are the playing each other?
Putnam Valley at Sleepy Hollow: Should be PV
Harrison at Ossining Should be O
Arlington at Brewster Arlington
Cardinal Hayes at Hen Hud: Should be HH
North Salem at Briarcliff: Briar
Greeley at Fox Lane: Greeley
Clarkstown North at Wappinger Should be Wapp
Pearl River at Tappan Zee TZ

Brewster over Arlington would be the upset of the week, if not for one thing:

Fox Lane over Greeley in OT.
That is not a typo.
A varsity lacrosse game in section 1 was won 3-2.
It was almost a controversial ending as FL looked to have scored the go ahead goal less than a minute to go, but was waved off by the officials.
3,941 1,908,551 more...
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous 6 hours ago
East and West both only changed a couple girls out
921 283,827 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity Anonymous 6 hours ago
Who knew being undefeated in the Central League or Catholic League takes precedence over beating nationally ranked teams like Boys Latin, St. Anthony's & Calvert Hall.

It started out as top 5 in the PIAA. Someone then changed it to Top 5 in the area. Why the heck would a Philly Forum worry about out of area schools when talking about PA rankings? Take your national rankings to another board.

Skip over this one...misunderstood the comment...
3,187 1,015,986 more...
Re: Long Island Jesters Anonymous Yesterday at 11:44 PM
Jesters will have kids recruited. So will every other club. Even the “bad” ones. Have your kid play where it’s a good fit for them and for you.

Every club has +- Most important thing is the coach of that team. Will they help your kid improve and will they have fun.
255 353,597 more...
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax Anonymous Yesterday at 09:44 PM
Massapequa parents rallied to oust the 2x State Championship coach and now they want to get rid of the new coach. Most of the time it isnt the coach, it's the players.
10,696 4,193,770 more...
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 07:27 PM
What is more interesting:
a) That 91MD as a program has 3 wins against 20 loses so far this season; with an average loss by 8.7 goals (this is across all HoCo age groups); or...
b) That this marks 91MD's best metrics as a program over the past three years?

It's so interesting to me how much money Millon has been able to make on the back of this consistent business model.

One of biggest reason MM focused on his sons teams and them. Gotta give MM credit, one of the more disliked people in lacrosse community, yet had his son as the number 1 recruit, talked about constantly and now starting at UVA all the while making a pile of money off the dreamers of lacrosse who fall by the wayside thinking they will end up like his son. .
2,481 528,328 more...
Re: Boys 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 06:48 PM
Exactly what LI needs, another average lacrosse team
I wouldn't say that they would be average. Are you playing for one of those average teams ?
238 55,641 more...
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous Yesterday at 05:30 PM
I saw the crabs insta feed and that very good lefty attack ate ML goalie for lunch while he was inside and outside the cage. I can't imagine the ML parents were happy with that post. I don't have a dog in the fight, but know both those teams well.

Re ML v NL: aside from ML's FO guy, who is good and travels from way out of town and 2 good lefty middies and decent defense, I don't see how they are going to beat NL. NL has an equally good FO player, if not better, very good mids and LSMs and far better attack and goalie.

Maybe NL flops, which is known to happen, but ML is no powerhouse team. Certain players never seem to come off the field that should and the coaching.....well, we all know the nonsense on the sidelines.
You mean the Crabs lefty who started at Crabs, went to FCA, held back and then back to Crabs....oh yeah....solid!

He's the new, most-obvious holdback flavor of the week. I'm sure the kids parents are very proud of their 15 year old.

Layoff the kid and his family. Holdback whining is done for 2028s. HoCo rules allow 15 year olds to play. And it helps the on age 14 and 13 year olds get ready to play against much older kids next year.

Yeah the on age kid(s) cut to make room for him are really getting a hand up from club lax. They'll be so much more ready for HS now!

There are many kids in AAA who are better than Elite players. And those AAA kids are getting valuable game reps against excellent competition with fewer holdbacks. If kids on Crabs attack depth chart want more minutes they can work for it or play AAA. That may be a blow to parents' ego but still better for kid's development.

I think the caveat is that there are many 1st and 2nd line AAA kids who are better than 3rd line elite kids. But not usually bigger, to be fair. And at the lower end of elite, certain coaches' sons should not even have made their team, and everybody knows it. Even when the Dad Coaches are Lax Legends lol. So, there's minimum 6-10 kids in Elite ball who we all know shouldn't be there, just based on that metric alone.

The fact that a handful of 2028 AA players (and good numbers of AAA players) have made elite rosters every year for the past four years should make that take not very controversial, but yes it is heresy here on BOTC.
For years there was a CLEAR disparity between AAA and Elite, despite what parents of AAA teams like to think.

However- with the arrival of puberty, and AAA kids holding back— yes, the line is getting more blurred. Some AAA kids will turn into student athletes with puberty and they’ll be more than ready for Elite. And frankly, there are kids at Elite who have not benefitted from puberty— and unfortunately, the Elite division has simply left them behind. It might be another year or two for them to catch up

I don't think there is anyone arguing that AAA teams are generally as good as Elite teams (though I think a Clippers vs. 91 or Team Money matchup would be a coin toss), but the idea that every player on an Elite team is better than every player on an AAA team seems silly.

We've played on AAA and Elite teams, and in both cases there were a handful of kids on the team who were difference makers but the bulk were good but somewhat interchangeable.
10,240 2,041,884 more...
Re: MD Girls 2028 Anonymous Yesterday at 04:39 PM
They can’t get themselves open ! Is that better? They have 1 girl that can get shots on her own.
3,207 740,501 more...
Re: New 2024 Women’s DI-III Lacrosse Anonymous Yesterday at 04:26 PM
There are 120 Division I women's lacrosse teams.

29 Teams make the NCAA Tournament.

15 Conference Champions receive an automatic bid.

14 Teams receive at large bids.

Who's in? Who's out?

Who is your Dark Horse to make a run and possibly win it all?

AAC - 2
ACC - 5 ??
AE - 1
Asun - 1
A10 - 1 ??
Big E - 1
Big S - 1
B1G - 5 ??
CAA - 1
Ivy - 3 ??
MAAC - 1
Mac - 1
Nec - 1
Pac12 - 1 ??
Patriot - 1

Looks like there will be 1 - 3 spots open for at large bids. If there are any upsets in some of the conference tournaments there could be less.
174 28,834 more...
Re: Girls High School Anonymous Yesterday at 02:26 PM
Chill out Good Counsel dad. Your team is having a great year - enjoy it! Sorry McD and GC couldn’t have a rematch this year, as GC is certainly much better. Would be a good game no doubt.

GC ruined the rematch by getting boat raced last year. They would not go undefeated in the IAAM, let’s be serious.
4,984 1,352,966 more...
PENNSYLVANIA FORUM Jump to new posts
Re: Boys 2025 Anonymous Yesterday at 12:13 PM
Any chance we can get a Philly area recruiting update for 2025's? Clubs, High Schools, and College Commitment
337 88,350 more...
Re: Girls 2029-7th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 02:44 AM
How many 29s get invited to play in the All LI game 48?
224 44,946 more...
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous Yesterday at 01:45 AM
At what point? You are absolutely delusional. Express and 91 are B teams
457 103,451 more...
Re: Team 91 MD Anonymous Yesterday at 01:00 AM
One win for the six teams that participate in the HOCO league. Great job Mark in grifting people’s money from them looking to play for an Elite Squad. Do us all a favor and drop down to AAA

Nice to see nothing has changed here - consistency counts. I don’t think their benchmark 2023 team ever won more than 1 game a year in HoCO either
1,311 318,813 more...
Re: Boys 2028-8th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Many deserving kids on that list and a handful of questionable, to put it nicely.

A few wouldn’t start on any AA team on Long Island

They all deserve it, they paid the money.

It's best players from the region. Not everyone gets invited and not every deserving kid is able to play. But overall it's top players competing against each other.

Completely incorrect!!! Look at some of the names. Good players but not the upper echelon. You must be a parent of one of them. Living through their good player that they think is an all star. Keep paying the tuition to support my son please.
If your son team is not playing against the best in the country and competing you don’t deserve to be on the list. A lot of kids on the list are not playing at a high level.

You are just like all the World Series haters. Sorry your son wasn't selected. The kids who are rank among top players. Just let them play without trying to ruin a fun, competitive youth lacrosse experience.

$350 and no tryouts. If your in the in crowd good for you but don’t think it’s the best players selected.
614 131,406 more...
Re: Boys 2032 Grads - Mid-Atlantic Region Anonymous
Have you seen the middie on Clippers, #1?
40 8,346 more...
Re: Boys 2032-4th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
All it takes is 1-2 to change a team. Igloo fired coach working hard to become part of 91.
359 62,314 more...
Re: Boys 2030 Midatlantic Anonymous
Sad when the only victories you achieve are moral ones…
Keep trying, Hawks!

What moral victory have they won?

Cool shiny helmets!!
524 148,822 more...
Re: Girls 2030-6th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Igloo girls on the rise
153 36,879 more...
LI LACROSSE NEWS & UPDATES Jump to new posts
Island Trees boys lacrosse's Kian McCoy scores five goals in win over Hewlett TheBackOfTheCage
You can’t blink when you’re defending Kian McCoy. However, since it’s impossible to stare for all 48 minutes of game time, all opponents can hope to do is contain him.

The senior was a blur Friday afternoon for host Island Trees, tallying five goals and an assist in an 11-7 win over Hewlett in Nassau Conference C/D.

Coming off an 9-8 overtime loss on Tuesday against Bethpage, Island Trees found itself trailing by one against Hewlett in the second quarter after initially leading 3-0.

“It’s kind of like boxers; they get clipped a couple times and they started throwing haymakers all over the place,” Island Trees coach Brendan Keesee said. “You have to stick to the game plan.”

Sure enough, Island Trees responded with five unanswered goals. Senior attack JC Echezuria (two goals, three assists) displayed incredible vision with a nifty behind-the-back pass off of a give-and-go with McCoy for Island Trees’ sixth goal.

Keesee supported Echezuria's flair, adding that “it’s one more weapon to have in the toolbox.”

“If I see the field and I see gaps, I trust my teammates to find me open,” McCoy added.

Hewlett (7-3) did not score again until the final two minutes, tallying three goals. Cristopher Maiorano (three goals, two assists) accounted for two of them.

Island Trees' long-stick midfielder Joe Mainente forced seven turnovers, had six ground balls and also tallied a goal and three assists. Fellow midfielder Joe Filocamo provided a similar two-way toughness, adding three assists in the win.

“Coming after a tough loss a few days ago, it’s just great to see everyone bond together, itching to get a [win],” Mainente said.

Mainente also went 4-for-9 on faceoffs against Hewlett's points leader Luke Rochler, who went 18-for-22 faceoffs. Luke Forde usually holds that role for Island Trees, but he hasn’t played since April 5 due to injury. Keesee said having a long pole like Mainente on faceoffs allows for a quick defensive transition if he misses the early clamp.

Island Trees (5-4) has been through a gauntlet. Three of its losses came by just one score, with two coming in overtime. But Friday’s win was an important reminder of just how good this team can be when the ball bounces the right way.

“We grew up together, playing this sport together,” McCoy said. “It starts to show when it really matters.”

By Michael Sicoli
michael.sicoli@newsday.com

Sponsored by www.CBLaxers.com
0 102 more...
Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
I think it’s what the girls make of it. Those that are playing JV rather than riding the V bench are getting plenty of PT. Those riding the Varsity bench are getting to practice with older girls and still develop. Those playing Varsity are getting to best of both. My daughter is loving her Freshman year and says plenty of her Club teammates are having just as amazing season with many different schools. She is excited for Summer Club but definitely sad to see her first of four HS years come to an end shortly. Sorry to hear not all are having the good experiences others are having this year. I can personally attest all of my daughter’s teammates have been great as have the other parents & coaches on both JV and Varsity.
176 37,924 more...
Re: Boys 2031 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region Anonymous
He was wearing my Harvard tie. Can you believe it? MY Harvard tie. Like oh, sure, HE went to Harvard.
397 99,720 more...
Re: Boys 2025-11th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Anonymous
Seen some d2 commitments lately. I assume more will come as the college season comes to an end?
392 67,393 more...
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Today's Visitors
9 members (TheBackOfTheCage, Anonymous2027, phillylax2032, JimSection1, BiggLax, Anonymous 1, abowden, Team BOTC, Devildog), 5,190 guests, and 6,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod